Croc Render Scraper

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackom

from refina anyone used one of them are they alot better than the standard ones just wondering why the price is alot more expensive

depends exactly what one you mean - refina have a few different types but a "croc" is a slang name for a reveal plane used to cut mono back on reveals flat and true also take snots off etc.

seen similar ones now in refina with serrations on the planes - never used them ones. one we use is the blue cast metal one

Hi jackom, plasterjfe is spot on there, they're particularly good for reveals but can also use them as a normal scratcher when hard. They're a lot more heavy duty than the normal scratchers we sell, instead of little prongs/teeth they have a serrated edge.

This is still a new product for us and we've only sent out a couple. We put one out for a tradesman to try and got some good feedback on it, we also gave one to Weber who were particularly impressed and recommend it for use with their products now.

P1010077_lores.jpg P1010078_lores.jpg P1010079_lores.jpg

Here's a few pics I've just take so you can see the teeth a little more clearly.

Thanks Jack. Keep yourself up to date by joining our mailing list, facebook or twitter. We are planning on extending the range of croc floats later this year.

Were doing next day scrapes at the mo Leon if you want me to review one, would be interesting on reveals I don't know many lads who use scrapers on reveals and the teeth look a wee bit brutal

Hi mate,

Will be getting a freebie out on here when we relaunch the product with a few new products in the range later in the year. Will keep you in mind, especially as you did a really thorough review on the scoop for us. Thanks.

the one I was on about is long and narrow with in flat scraping blades this one looks more like its based on a "waffle" or "grid iron" in squares formation - we usually use these for taking down high spots in floated render but...... this one with teeth looks like a turbo version of the high spot remover (waffle, Grid iron) but I imagine it will scrape mono also refina ? ? I would deffo have one of these but the P&P will be as much as the tool :rolleyes)

Looks like it isn't flat in the third picture. There's a bow from front to back. Is it designed like that on purpose so it flattens when you apply pressure?

Ive got one (bought from refina) used for scraping mono, good for reveals and is a bit more heavy duty than normal mono scrapers

They do have a slight bow to them allowing the most pressure to be put onto any high spots when you push down. The croc scrapers are heavy duty and very versatile and can be used for cleaning, keying, scraping and flattening almost any material. We have got some footage that I need to process of the scraper in action, but I am without the mac for a couple of weeks.

The scrapers also come with a tapered front end allowing you to get into awkward corners and spaces that are otherwise very difficult. I've just noticed that the 13" picture on the website is wrong, he 13" looks slightly different, with the handle set back in the same position but with an elongated front end, specifically designed to get into awkward corners and spaces without your hand getting in the way.

It's only a very slight bow, and yes , the front would begin to take down the high spot first. I'll be able to show more clearly with some videos, but it's going to be at least a couple of weeks before I get my computer back.

Status
Not open for further replies.