Criticism welcome

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h327/windy3131/plaster/

PIctures show my fisrt 20m ceiling. Old plastered ceiling with WBA and two coats of multi. Its in one of my properties so there is no customer issues. THe ceiling will look painted with no misses etc. Only prob is im not happy with the marbled effect once dried with different shades colours. I assume its fat/water marks but how do you get the finished colour more uniform or does it not matter as long as the painted result looks ok???

If paints up ok then don't worry. Can be down to diferent thicknes in plaster. This could be down to uneven surface underneath what's been plastered or to thick in certain areas.

Your pictures look ok windy, using less water when trowelling up will keep the colour more uniform.
As long as there are no major trowel marks it will look fine once you have painted it.
remember to use a short pile sleeve for a flat paint finish.

dont worry about it mate. I bet once its painted it'll look even and thats all that matters, .....the finished result.

warriorupnorth said:
Looks fine Alf ;)
yes looks ok from hear,i think the finish should always look the same whatever you are skimming on ,one uniform pink coulor,if you want to be good and you know what a good jod should look like then there wont be a problem as you know what to aim for ;)

windy said:
http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h327/windy3131/plaster/

PIctures show my fisrt 20m ceiling. Old plastered ceiling with WBA and two coats of multi. Its in one of my properties so there is no customer issues. THe ceiling will look painted with no misses etc. Only prob is im not happy with the marbled effect once dried with different shades colours. I assume its fat/water marks but how do you get the finished colour more uniform or does it not matter as long as the painted result looks ok???

cra.p apply for mcdonalds

On the chimney breast wall is that finished or is it hardwall/ bonding ? if its multi try changing the nails in your float for panel pins and will not get that devil patten bleeding through your skim coat ;)

Church:

THe breast has been floated with bonding and ready for skimming

Panel pin tip is good thanks

it's a long ol road getting the even skimmed look on all your work. As fbs says ur work should look the same whether it's board or hardwall as ur process is the same. I worked with a plasterer once who was twice as fast and all his walls were beautifully even and generally made mine look rough as ass holes. It's not so much what you do but how you do it and that only comes with time/practice and continually refining your craft until one day you realise ur sort of there :)

Work looks fine mate.Like the guy above says it takes time with lots of fcuk ups along the way.
Just keeping aiming for perfection every time try to better ur last wall /ceiling it will all come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.