cream of tartar

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

steevo76

Got a big long stair wall to do that cud be tricky.not been plastering that long n was told a table spoon of cream if tartar powder to the mix will give me more time to work.i dont want any wankers making fish n chip jokes just some serious advice please.how much shud i use to give me n extra hour.cheers

never done it myself but was a thread on here not long ago with a lot of opinions, also a good thread on rolling gauges with some really good explanations which is what i would do if an area was too big and i HAD to do it on my own, first option is try to get another spread to do it with you, either way if the walls that big you won't have time for fish and chips:RpS_biggrin:. Good luck with it pal and if you use the tatar let us know how it goes:RpS_thumbsup:

I find a gherkin go's very well !! it speeds me up , but a word of warning here don't use curry sauce or pickled eggs ,in a confined space it could spell Disaster !! i think the cream of tartar idear may be someone pulling your pisser pal ...........

Cheers stevo im testing it first tommorra n goona thats just the sort of answer id excpect from a dopey goona,three or 4 different spreads have mentioned it on different sites.something to do with chemical reaction

I have sent a link in the other thread....

To be honest the easiest way to put more on is to work efficiently and that comes with time..... Just push on with it it will be fine

Danny

any one else finding it weird that steevo76 asks a question and stevo79 answers it.
have these accounts been checked??
if its genuine then a handfull or so of dot and dab will slow it down but makes it greasy to trowel up

How slow would you like 15m2 to go in? Surely you've enough time to get that on without throwing stuff in or doing a rolling gauge? If all else fails just get an electric sander on it when you've finished

Dude you took the job on so you must of thought i can do that, so heres my suggestion get all your gear ready water buckets, plaster etc at hand crack open a can a red bull neck it mix up and chuck it on dont mess around with it to much you have time do that when your tidying it up.

Oh and put on a good tune and try and do it before it finishes ! Sussudio try that

Wallahh

any one else finding it weird that steevo76 asks a question and stevo79 answers it.
have these accounts been checked??
if its genuine then a handfull or so of dot and dab will slow it down but makes it greasy to trowel up

We are different people. i felt compeled to answer cos his name was so simmilar to mine. Bet he's good lookin like me aswell

We are different people. i felt compeled to answer cos his name was so simmilar to mine. Bet he's good lookin like me aswell
600full-the-hunchback-of-notre-dame-photo.jpg
your gawjus:RpS_wub:

dnt use that uni finish whatever you do ffs i may not have used it myself but i know of one person whos used it and gets on with it and hes ginger and scottish so hes not to be trusted and he regularly murders/strangles people:-0

canny words of wisdom there carlos..................you'll never cut it as a BG rep when you come off the tools....................:RpS_wink:
A seen ya van last week when i was at B&Q at the silverlink.............good pork and stuffing butties from that burger van....................:RpS_thumbsup:

Haha, and a was hoping of a future career ! Where abouts r u from ? Rr a no double up any sarnie for a quid aswell , bacon and sauasge everywhere lol

It works mate use a heaped tablespoon for every bag it will hang like a gud en good trick if your new to the game just don't play with it it's just good for helping you get more on bro

i used bonding the other week on a 40m2 artex lid over skim...........still sucked like a muther, but once the second coat went on it troweld up a treat soooo i dnt know weather bonding works or not really and ive just wasted a couple of minutes of your time............enjoy:RpS_thumbsup:

Well if its cold you will get longer me and the lad I employ got 13 bags on enforce and managed it with a few cups of coffee between trowels, you will easily gt 5 bags on just get it on as fast as you can and get it flat...... Let the walls take in but use little water as they will hang! :eek:)) try it mate and get bk to me u will be fine tho I promise

Well if its cold you will get longer me and the lad I employ got 13 bags on enforce and managed it with a few cups of coffee between trowels, you will easily gt 5 bags on just get it on as fast as you can and get it flat...... Let the walls take in but use little water as they will hang! :eek:)) try it mate and get bk to me u will be fine tho I promise

13 bags wtf??

wonder where he put the finish from the bags......................:RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.