Cream of tar tar

Members online

No members online now.
0CC78E7E-D2B5-4040-AA04-3B3076C12991.jpeg
I sprinkle it on me porridge on a morning! £150 for cash?

Its normally about 5 black buckets to about 4 and half bags.so do I just put a little bit in each black bucket mate
yes just pinch a bit out between your thumb and forfinger but im talking about casting plaster you would have to experiment with what your using but do not over dose or u will stop the set for to long

Cream of tar tar did use to work but the manufacturer changed a couple of additives to make the chemical reaction of the powder more powerful once water was added that's why theres only a medium window of opportunity of working with the multifinish or board finish before setting starts to occur cream of tar tar doesn't have that affect of slowing it down anymore your best using plain flour as it reacts to the hemihydrate in the skim slowing the process down a couple of handfuls of plain flour in the mix will give you an extra 35mins per 25kg bag
Cream of tar tar did use to work but the manufacturer changed a couple of additives to make the chemical reaction of the powder more powerful once water was added that's why theres only a medium window of opportunity of working with the multifinish or board finish before setting starts to occur cream of tar tar doesn't have that affect of slowing it down anymore your best using plain flour as it reacts to the hemihydrate in the skim slowing the process down a couple of handfuls of plain flour in the mix will give you an extra 35mins per 25kg bag
Added two handfuls of flour in the mix for the first coat, worked a treat mate, advice really appreciated.

its called tri sodium citrate... f**k knows where you buy it from but it works a treat, we had some well out of date bags of some one coat shizzle from the bricomarche in france and it hung right back... teaspoon in a mix

its called tri sodium citrate... f**k knows where you buy it from but it works a treat, we had some well out of date bags of some one coat shizzle from the bricomarche in france and it hung right back... teaspoon in a mix
my wife buys it on line for making a lime drink. maybe 250g bag. I've got some year old multi at the back of the shed- I'll give it a test for a laugh.

I use cream of tar tar, it works great, specially when I accidentally put a little too much in, and the stuff didn't set for three hours

I use cream of tar tar, it works great, specially when I accidentally put a little too much in, and the stuff didn't set for three hours

never used it but have used extra time a few years back on my first 2 bagger ceiling. Worked really well. Don’t worry so much now. I reckon plaster can smell fear and the less I worry about it pulling in too quick, the better I get on.

Very true! I'd like to give extratime a go, see how it is. I'm constantly finding the plaster flash setting - the water here is very hard (wants a fight when it comes out the tap), when I added the tar tar, the plaster started to settle down better.

Up north, the water is very soft - never have an issue with plastering at all up there

never used it but have used extra time a few years back on my first 2 bagger ceiling. Worked really well. Don’t worry so much now. I reckon plaster can smell fear and the less I worry about it pulling in too quick, the better I get on.

Very true! I'd like to give extratime a go, see how it is. I'm constantly finding the plaster flash setting - the water here is very hard (wants a fight when it comes out the tap), when I added the tar tar, the plaster started to settle down better.

Up north, the water is very soft - never have an issue with plastering at all up there

Evian darling

Draw your water as soon as you can before you need it and let it relax in the bucket before you mix it up.