Cracks in extension

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmya78

Been to price a job to at. Ground floor extension 6.5 X 3.6. Gonna sand and cement inside then finish. I noticed that in the middle of the 2 side walls vertical cracking pretty much floor to ceiling in the breeze blocks. The cracks haven't effected the external skin. I was thinking if I put resin in the cracks before sealing walls, then eml on both the entire side walls should be okay to stop s+c cracking. Any other suggestions?? Cheers chaps

That would be the method I would do.. Also wud b tempted to put helibars in the bed joints every 2 course of blocks n resin in...

Prob best though to advise a structural engineer to cover yourself or inform customer so it don't come back on u.

EML over but the thing to do is get the builder to do some kind if repair. New block shouldn't be cracking like that.

If its new i would definately be getting the builder back to see whats going on, shouldn't be cracking like that, excessive movement sounds very dodgy , especially if its a new extension

i would clean out cracks with a drill, fill crack with fischer resin, then dot and dab extension so that the board spanned the cracks. i would avoid sand and cement on this job.

id tell customer id do everything that malc said .... BUT just swat boards on and crack on with it when knowones looking!!!! lol

aint your problem buddy we cant start being responsible for bloody subsidence aswell as everything else we get the sheite for!!!

but would defo defo avoid backing plasters imo and opt for plasterboard:RpS_thumbup:

If there willing to pay you could even suggest an independent stud wall off it if space and money no issue?....which it will be lol

The new block work had probably cracked as there is no eml in the bed joints. It's not a building reg so rarely people do it. But I always put it in as it's manufacturer recommended.

And tbh that's why dry lining was invented, to hide all the cracks so that they don't come through the walls. Block manufacturers know it will be covered over normally so they won't change how soft the blocks are.

Status
Not open for further replies.