Cracking after damp proofing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

Hi Lads, hope your all well I have been out to a job today where they
Have had a meter chopped off tanked sand and cement rendered and it all skimmed 2 months have gone by and on the skimming a lot of cracks have appeared it's been painted can anyone shed light as to why this has happened? I didn't do the work they want me to sort it I was just going to scrape out and fill anything ideas would be great lads

Possibly the render was mixed too strong and the wall was not allowed move hence the cracking, possibly skimmed before it cured properly, it may become hollow at some stage but cracks are a pathway for water, which could freeze and exacerbate this

I think john might of got it with the shrinkage if its been skimmed say ... Next day after rendering ? Then render has settled and cracked the skimming , or as said to strong a cement mix which made render crack , problem is if that is the reason damp ppl have to do it strong for garentees etc not really thinking about the skimming ?

Complain to the damp company. There work normally carries a long warranty get them back out to sort it.

What ever you do may affect the warranty. They will use any excuse to void it if they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.