CPI Delivery Woes

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys please don't get me wrong but I've just watched that ritmo video and it looks really slow cant u speed it up a bit ??!

Nope that's all she can do at max speed 14 lm I believe

We sprayed on 147m2 in about 2 1/2 hours.

To be honest when spraying internally I don't know if I would want it any quicker. It might make it difficult to go round sockets etc.

On large externals maybe we could do more speed but we are making do untill then and ticking over nicely. Just getting setup to spray top coat acrylic so maybe a ritmo for thin coats and a g4 for mono and ocr.

I must see a g4 in action to see if the speed gain is worth the hassle of the extra weight to carry round and having to use a genny all the time.

To be honest when spraying internally I don't know if I would want it any quicker. It might make it difficult to go round sockets etc.

On large externals maybe we could do more speed but we are making do untill then and ticking over nicely. Just getting setup to spray top coat acrylic so maybe a ritmo for thin coats and a g4 for mono and ocr.

I must see a g4 in action to see if the speed gain is worth the hassle of the extra weight to carry round and having to use a genny all the time.
Got some hard wall spraying coming up near Canterbury ,if you want to come over ,your more then welcome

So did you kill the suction so you could just roar it on quick and the spend time fecking around with afterwards Steve?

Depends what your doing and what you want but a ritmo is a lot quicker and easier than by hand. G4 is a lot heavier and awkward and will cost you genny fuel. But the output difference is substantial. A decent spread can keep up with ruling. The problem is always trying to devil float it if someone is still spraying

Just to compare the difference. You were all on in 2 1/2 hours. A g4 would be about an hour quicker and cost you a fiver in fuel.

G4 inside...hmm that sends a cold shiver down my back. R&s problems with high output piss going everywhere. Screaming genny too. Feck the output what about a but of control and some quiet to hear yourself think lol

G4 inside...hmm that sends a cold shiver down my back. R&s problems with high output piss going everywhere. Screaming genny too. Feck the output what about a but of control and some quiet to hear yourself think lol

Thats what I was thinking. 1/4 of a ton of G4 to get through the door(s) and the genny outside in all weathers (another 1/4 ton) and hoping the gyppo's haven't nicked it when you have turned it off.

It seems slow but when you consider after a bit of ruling off you have to turn back and devil float at the right time and keep up with ruling off behind the sprayer you will find it's fast enough. Plus who's feeding the Ritmo?

Blones uses one on his youtube vids spraying Marmorit render and it seems fast enough. Faster than hand and less wear on the joints. No wonder Mr Currier senior is still on the trowel.

Yep we didn't start spraying to 10.30 and had it on by 1 ish. Speed 10 flow rate 275.

The last lot of stuff was still wettish when we left it yesterday. We got back at 8 this morning and I beamed it over then ran a corner scrapper round and redevil floated . It was all very nice indeed.

As the builder said its a modern take on old school methods. Back to the future!

I'm just glad we don't have to deal with spraying and setting hardball.

Yes guys I can understand what u r saying it is much quicker than float and set by hand I haven't done any insides for ages so I'm used to seeing a pump outside as we only do mono the g4 I've got is great for what I need .but I guess horses for courses and all that .
will it spray mono if need be ???????????

If solid plastering is making a comeback then the Ritmo will be ideal. Anyone know if CPI and skim is cheaper on the materials bill than board and skim?

Steve did you seal the blocks? And if so what with. And when the CPI has cured do you get a nice bit of suction off it when setting?
We've just ordered the pimped up spray gun like yours Steve, is Stu paying you for advertising lol

If solid plastering is making a comeback then the Ritmo will be ideal. Anyone know if CPI and skim is cheaper on the materials bill than board and skim?

We'd need to get the CPI for £2.50 a bag to get close if working on getting 1m2 per bag.

you might come close by getting bulk bags delivered....25kg sacks more like £3.50

When I tried my sample of CPI General purpose Render I got 1.3m2 per bag and it set hard and waterproof. That was at 10mm thick.

We are spraying direct on to fiberlite blocks with no issues with suction. Skimming with mpfinish and getting no draw at all which we like. You can get good meterage on and it all just feels comfortable.

We are getting on avarage 1.25 meters a bag and some walls were built out with two coats. works out £3 a meter.

your the only person i know who's broken one of those lol...mind you your the only person i know who hits their spray gun with a hammer lol

Status
Not open for further replies.