Cpi compared to ocr weber

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use OCR as two coat.
I don't see any problem putting OCR on top of 3/1 as OCR is weaker (equivalent to 6/6/1) but if your machine applying why not go OCR all the way, time saved and all that.

Priced this job before I got machine so it's more about cost I'll have to work out labour time against material costs as also supplying and there's 300 meters in it

The price of CPI will vary dependant on various factors:

1. Volume
2. Delivery timescale
3. Fort lift being present

If you are looking for next day delivery on CPI the price will be £3.95 + VAT per bag.

Delivery on this will be £40 per pallet.
Most people will order full pallet quantities (40 per pallet) this therefore takes the cost to: £4.95 per bag delivered

These next day or quicker deliveries will be coming direct from us. Therefore there has to be a premium charge for delivery as we need to pay a courier to do this.

If you can take 6 pallets + and can wait for a 10 day delivery time from CPI then we can discounts the products massively.

If anyone would like an accurate quote etc please give me a call

The price of CPI will vary dependant on various factors:

1. Volume
2. Delivery timescale
3. Fort lift being present

If you are looking for next day delivery on CPI the price will be £3.95 + VAT per bag.

Delivery on this will be £40 per pallet.
Most people will order full pallet quantities (40 per pallet) this therefore takes the cost to: £4.95 per bag delivered

These next day or quicker deliveries will be coming direct from us. Therefore there has to be a premium charge for delivery as we need to pay a courier to do this.

If you can take 6 pallets + and can wait for a 10 day delivery time from CPI then we can discounts the products massively.

If anyone would like an accurate quote etc please give me a call
Ok so can I have 6 pallets delivered to Battledown ind estate, Cheltenham at a discounted rate. Will collect when needed.

Yeah i understand that , but im not going to be there for them 5 days but its a extra day on the job compared to ocr .....

Is this a one off job or are you thinking of using the pre bagged systems more often? Sounds like the cpi would be the better option as its a two coat system which your used to but with the advantage of all the factory additives already in and easier to mix on your own etc.

I see someone said you have to leave a week between coats on cpi , I was taught to put top coat next day otherwise if it's dry when u put second coat on the additives will prevent it from taking in for ages , what's the views on this ?

I see someone said you have to leave a week between coats on cpi , I was taught to put top coat next day otherwise if it's dry when u put second coat on the additives will prevent it from taking in for ages , what's the views on this ?
Have you ever had any problems/comeback?

You suppose to leave 1st coats cement in a 2coat system for a week to fully cure and shrink. You simply wet it down before your top goes on when you return to the job and if u have waterproofer in the base mix it will slow it down more than enough.

Who ever told you you need to top out the next day shouldn't have. Maybe out of convenience he did it or lack of knowledge he does that But as said probably fewer problems than feared. You had no problems so don't worry.

If the "guides to" on the rendering are still up it should all still be there explaining.
I wouldn't lose sleep over it tho.

Is this a one off job or are you thinking of using the pre bagged systems more often? Sounds like the cpi would be the better option as its a two coat system which your used to but with the advantage of all the factory additives already in and easier to mix on your own etc.

Ive used ocr quite alot , it all come around when p1ss didnt do ocr just cpi . And i was getting nearly everything else from there for the job . So wanted to get it all from ryan if i could . But at same time rather use gear i know lol

If 2 coating i wouldnt do next day top coat , im with bobby on this . I dont hold 5 days as a rule though but there abouts

Is everyone OCR'ing at 10mm outside?
Will it not have to be more being one coat. 10mm sounds a bit shy to me.

image.png

Speaking to NDI they're convinced that CPI general purpose can be done in one. They swear blind it's fine and just treat it the same as ocr. :muyenojado:

Speaking to NDI they're convinced that CPI general purpose can be done in one. They swear blind it's fine and just treat it the same as ocr. :muyenojado:

One thing i learned about render product over 15 years ago.
Never never ever take technical advice from a merchant. Ever.
They are salesmen and nothing more

Cpi is a 2 coat render so is kmix. Wether it can be done or has been done successfully its a 2 coat system. Ocr is a one coat product its composition will be different. No matter buildbase swearing blind kmix is equal - its different

On the thickness 10mm is ok as long as the finishing coat it the acrylic texture finish such as dpr, weber sil, tc15 etc.

Haha as above, the merchant knows f**k all other than what he needs to shift to make his quota. That's the road to disaster taking advice from them.

One thing i learned about render product over 15 years ago.
Never never ever take technical advice from a merchant. Ever.
They are salesmen and nothing more

Cpi is a 2 coat render so is kmix. Wether it can be done or has been done successfully its a 2 coat system. Ocr is a one coat product its composition will be different. No matter buildbase swearing blind kmix is equal - its different

On the thickness 10mm is ok as long as the finishing coat it the acrylic texture finish such as dpr, weber sil, tc15 etc.
Well said John.they do tell you a lot of s**t sometimes.
I had done around 1000m2 of OCR in the past few months and have had issues so going to try k rend gp which I know is a 2 coat system

Just picked up 15 houses so gonna try k rend gp.easier to get hold of as well unlike cpi which is a pain
No 2 coat system.
I have used weber and jub of late and have cracking problems with both as have a few other guys I know.
Heard good things about parex gear but to dear for me at £9m2

Well said John.they do tell you a lot of s**t sometimes.
I had done around 1000m2 of OCR in the past few months and have had issues so going to try k rend gp which I know is a 2 coat system
What problems have you had marra?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.