cost of travis perkins materials

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Av always found TP to be overpriced and i get my gear from Jewsons.................:-0

Somethings changed. I started using tradepoint when possible. £1.50 cheaper on a bag of mult compared to the merchants.

Dont worry mate i did'nt realise untill you mentoined it.I've got an account with T/P paying
£4.62 including vat p/boards 2400 x1200 x12.5 £4.87 including vat they keep telling me i'm
getting a good deal is anyone getting a better deal

No. I noticed that lol. It used to be £4 inc. Its slowly crept up and I never really take notice. Only realised when I only wanted 2 bags and it came to £12

Yes they are cheeky. I really had to fight to get decent rates from jewson, it's handy for me as there behind my house, other than that its a 10 mile round trip to wickes if they can be bothered to open on time, or a 14 mile round trip to tradepoint that has its carpark on a hill were you dick about trying to get the gear in the van without your trolley or any elses trolley hitting the van. Ballache.

Travis perkins is expensive, i have to phone one of the guys in my local keyline to send through an order for what i want so i get it cheaper. Same company but massive difference in price. Only found out keyline could do this when i told one of the guys they charged me £30 for a dust sheet just so i could cover a car which was parked a bit close to where we were stripping render.

On my Travis account I pay £3.40 for a bag of bonding, £3.20 for a sheet of 6x3 board, £4 for skim.

You have to get your price terms set up, they where a rip off before I had my account mind

£3.40 for a bag of bonding?

You could buy it and sell it on for a profit at that price.

Had to use the merchants today as its half a mile from my job. Bonding is over £8 a bag!

TP 3m thin coat internal bead = £11.48

Its ok we get a discount so two boxes ended up at £360 all in

was working in clapham common today and needed some supplies so i went to the local travis in banham just down the road, bought 7 multi and 6, 2.4m skim beads, i was expecting to pay bout 50 quid ish, price came back at 84 quid, i asked for the individual prices £7.22 a bag of skim, £3.20 a bead what a ******* rip off travis is.
never useing travis again..........EVER
I pay 58 pence for 2.4 m thin coats, £4.60 inc vat for multi.... Stick to small merchants, there more competitive and need your custom more than travis! I had a cash account at travis n used it once, still bombarded with e mails telling me to come back lol.

On the plus side my local tp are selling boxes of 50 thincoat beads for thirty quid inclusive of vat.

Small merchants like who spreadingpink?

Minster have royally screwed me over today, cost me a days wages, only been using them for 9 months but they don't care about the small guys, lying tw@ts

Buildbase have good customer service, but don't stock much & are usually in the other direction.

It looks like it will be SI, I'm not sure of any small merchants round here where my trade would be valued

Small merchants like who spreadingpink?

Minster have royally screwed me over today, cost me a days wages, only been using them for 9 months but they don't care about the small guys, lying tw@ts

Buildbase have good customer service, but don't stock much & are usually in the other direction.

It looks like it will be SI, I'm not sure of any small merchants round here where my trade would be valued

have you got a penlaws near you? when i go in to penlaws i see tp and jewsons lorry loading up!

I use Selco's a lot 3.90 plus vat bag of multi. 8x4 boards 4.50. fireline 5.60 plus vat. But dont ask for 4 or 5 pallets or they start crying, as they are loss leaders to get you to buy other stuff.

Have a look on net I pay 49 p for skim beads got to buy a box of 50 but it beats being ripped off by them T***s

I never use them anymore, nothing is priced up, not even guide prices like Selco do. For me it's Selco, tradepoint, Wickes all pretty close to me and all are upfront with their pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.