Corrosion on carbon steel trowels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jono69

I find the ragni carbon steel trowels I have start to corrode and get marked very quickly any time I use it. They are only used occasionally. I clean them after use each time. Is there any way I can stop this from happening.

Thanks

steve cov said:
Render Systems said:
Buy Marshall town stainless steel mate they will last for years, worth every penny

I get the pre worn ones now but if in a hurry to wear them in i use them on rendering jobs first... if in big hurry i would use wet and dry along the edges... but to be honest the amount of work i do i allways have enough trowels going through the breaking in stages... my skimming trowel is now over 1 inch narrower than when i first started using it 5 years ago

take ages to get worn in nicely though

Render Systems said:
steve cov said:
Render Systems said:
Buy Marshall town stainless steel mate they will last for years, worth every penny

I get the pre worn ones now but if in a hurry to wear them in i use them on rendering jobs first... if in big hurry i would use wet and dry along the edges... but to be honest the amount of work i do i allways have enough trowels going through the breaking in stages... my skimming trowel is now over 1 inch narrower than when i first started using it 5 years ago

take ages to get worn in nicely though

i'm the same mate, i've got my first trowel that i got when i first started. top rivets just gone. then i've got a marshall town pre worn that is just getting nice now. took a while though. and ive just bought a new refina that im going to start using on rendering etc to get it ready. then ill buy another one. i wish we could just buy them like a saw or a brickies trowel.

Ive heard the 13inch marble plastering trowels are blinding for skimin as they have a bevelled edge to them!Going to try one my-self.

one good week applying acryllic render texture will have any stainless trowel ready for skimmin.

Always have a second trowel on the go breaking in slowly before your skimming trowel is past its best then you never get caught out

plasterjfe said:
one good week applying acryllic render texture will have any stainless trowel ready for skimmin.

Always have a second trowel on the go breaking in slowly before your skimming trowel is past its best then you never get caught out

bloke i work with laughed at me for having 3 trowels. then he dropped his and f**k*d it

jono69 said:
I find the ragni carbon steel trowels I have start to corrode and get marked very quickly any time I use it. They are only used occasionally. I clean them after use each time. Is there any way I can stop this from happening.

Thanks
every time u use tem get a towl and drie nthem before next use

Status
Not open for further replies.