cornice restoration

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, bit different from staring at a wall waiting on it setting.

We run most stuff insitu, fibrous plastering isnt very common up here in scotland most of it is solid as far as im aware.

Theres not many people in my area that can run cornices, mouldings etc. we run all cornices insitu, small panel mouldings would probably be run on a bench. well thats the way my dad has been doing it for 40 plus years. different area might have different techniques

yes run with multi, its what we always use, for bigger cornices we would muffle the mould and do a run in bonding, then multi over the top.

were cornices in england original run on a bench or did they do it insitu?

In situ and ran with lime. Built up with a muffle as said.

Still done that way or cast on a bench.

Never run cornice with bonding or multi.

In England , our famous Cousin Itt ( @mikeadams ) prefer to do bench work as best method rather than run insitu - clean , easy to fix up etc. I will go for Itt. :D Yes a lot of fibre hands here in England , strange to hear that Scotland have few....

So you take profile of cornice and create a reverse cast? then cast as many lengths as u need?

If you plan to cast several , then you need bonding coat (core) fine casting plaster (finishing) transparent shellac (seal) tallow with paraffin (release agent) , honey wax (release agent too) zinc to make profile , timber for horse.

Had a wee look thru the fibrous section, you and seem quite passionate about it. im on a pretty big job just now, when im done ill upload some more pics for you to cast your expert eyes over

If you plan to cast several , then you need bonding coat (core) fine casting plaster (finishing) transparent shellac (seal) tallow with paraffin (release agent) , honey wax (release agent too) zinc to make profile , timber for horse.

Timber for horse !!! Neigh lad neigh!!!

Sorry Mr Adams :RpS_blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.