Cornice Advice

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

apache

Morning Lads

Am after some advice re some cornice I have to make good at a refurb job. Its only about 4 foot long and the detail / profile is quite basic, the thing is I have to build out to an external angle.

The last time I did any fibre work was 23 years ago at college as an apprentice! So what the easiest way to make it good? Pack it out with wadding and build up the profile with casting plaster using joint rule , small tools and busk? That's how I'd go about it any ideas are very welcome, got to do it monday!!

Last repair I did I did it with bonding a skim, I couldnt be @rsed trying to find any casting plaster (no one sells it)
I was doing other work there so waiting for it to set wasnt a big deal.

I hate coveing never mind cornice, its f*ckin tedious.

you replaced it with wood cornice? were you never taught how to run it off the existing?

steve cov said:
you replaced it with wood cornice? were you never taught how to run it off the existing?

yes i was taught and have run moulds both in situ and on a bench but as i said mr effin clever cloggs let me try and make you look a t i t having one made4 by a machinist makes the job so much more simpler in many many different ways is that ok leanardo

i wasnt trying to be smart, ive just never thought about having one made out of wood. and i was asking if you were taught just out of interest.

Gentlemen please! Thanks for the advice, its not really big enough to justifiy taking a squeeze and runnning a bit off, think i'll just patch it

rockhardsolidplastering said:
steve cov said:

yes i was taught and have run moulds both in situ and on a bench but as i said mr effin clever cloggs let me try and make you look a t i t having one made4 by a machinist makes the job so much more simpler in many many different ways is that ok leanardo

erm wood? you are a fooookin cowboy!

rockhardsolidplastering said:
erm wood? you are a fooookin cowboy!

yep thats me oh by the way what are you the finger puppet another tw at
[/quote]

are you talking about the picture of me and my daughter?

kirk johnstone said:
you (french word invented by a german) wound me up boy, i want a reply! (french word invented by a german) login off you (german word) house.

tell me exactly what you ment!

grow up kirt i dont think for one minute he meant anything to do with your pic your paranoid.

kirk johnstone said:
you (french word invented by a german) wound me up boy, i want a reply! (french word invented by a german) login off you (german word) house.

yea chill out ffs angry head

kirk johnstone said:

ha ha ha what a complete t w a t you and learnardo de cov are you suit each other mr angry and mr know all both bell ends

I was going to say is it 4foot (1.2m in 20th century measures) of cracks then use wadding and tool method but after seeing the pic the only way forward for me would be to run a piece off say 2m or about 5 fore arms length, that should give you enough for cutting

Took a squeeze, ran off a length of 5ft ( in antique measurements ), fixed mitred and made good wallop ;)

Nice one apache lad ., some people are just too quick of the mark with criticism and speil advice from a book eh. lad's try n be a bit more forgiving please , you seem to kick off with people who want genuine advice , then help out the spammers (how much water do i put in multi finish, lol) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.