Corners ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do feel it necessary to finish any of the rest of your skimming with a brush or can you do some of it with a trowel just cause you cant use a tool doesnt mean its sh1te.

I was taught during my apprentiship and 4 years at college, trowel and brush... used to use a twitcher, but hey.. I just got practise in and dont need it now mate..

LOL.. didnt do modules mate, proper city and guilds ( advanced by the way ) keep using ur angle trowel and in a few years you;ll be good to go without it..lol.. its just confidence and ability bro...

good plasterers dont need a corner trowel, bring the wet angles in with your skimming trowel and 1 inch brush...

You have an awful lot to learn Cassie. It's not about what is possible, but what is faster whilst upholding good quality.

I know 1 or 2 spreads who want to be home by 1 everyday! Yeahhhh f**k it, we'll just throw it all on in one! No pride! They are the ones lacking confidence in not being able to do the plastering trade how it should be done! The plastering trade has gone to ****! So many rough guys out there! And one set wonders on whole rooms are a perfect example! Making a mockery of the trade! Stop taking short cuts and get the job done properly! I started my business at 20 and have had one quiet spell in my first year and a half. I'm 28 now. In work every day! To say my methods lack confidence is comical. Maybe try being a comedian??

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Three pages on using a corner trowel? I didn't realise forming a corner with one to be as sharp as a hard angle was an art on its own.

been plastering 32 years.. 7 years with the same guy as an apprentice, 4 years at college in that time.. and I still got stuff to learn.. for someone to start telling it how it is after being in the game 8 years is comical ... if you like and need a corner trowel thats cool, but dont go telling people you need one... anyway.. gotts go, got a bid on a twitcher ending soon on ebay ( its called banter lads ) suck it up..lol

been plastering 32 years.. 7 years with the same guy as an apprentice, 4 years at college in that time.. and I still got stuff to learn.. for someone to start telling it how it is after being in the game 8 years is comical ... if you like and need a corner trowel thats cool, but dont go telling people you need one... anyway.. gotts go, got a bid on a twitcher ending soon on ebay ( its called banter lads ) suck it up..lol

How old are you?

Three pages on using a corner trowel? I didn't realise forming a corner with one to be as sharp as a hard angle was an art on its own.

I think last time this topic reared its pretty little head it lasted 4 of 5 pages! It was just as much fun that time around....:RpS_thumbsup:

I think these gizzmo's are the work of the devil..........................the devil, i tell you......................:RpS_crying:

If white angles is what you're after, then don't use your angle brush until 15 minutes after your final dry trowel. The plaster at this stage should be too hard to be affected by the bristles, use clean water.

The question was answered two days ago .

Status
Not open for further replies.