Corner work, neat square tidy corners

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try do opposites if not use a angle trowel , trowel upways on the angle till it picked up etc to keep it from being swooped . First trowel with out water i have a pointing trowel in the other hand :)

I have used a featheredge on corners to get them right... but doing opposites works... ie working to a dry edge...

a corner trowel is great if you know how to use it properly but then again not many plasterers know how to do it :D

I have used a featheredge on corners to get them right... but doing opposites works... ie working to a dry edge...

a corner trowel is great if you know how to use it properly but then again not many plasterers know how to do it :D

Well if ur floating you would have to , not skimming thou ?

A 90° angle tool will give you a 90° angle so try and avoid the 103°.
If you take just a tiny round off the corners say about size of a 5p should alleviate the problem of drag lines.
If you flatten between coats then have a quick flatten with your twitch at the same time.
Second coat then twitch again 2 faint even lines at this stage are fine, then trowel in the direction of the lines to remove them.
Shouldn't be any need for a brush if you get it right.
Screenshot_2015-10-06-17-16-16.png

Been looking for a 90degree MT twitcher to no avail from the usual places, if anybody sees one could they post a link in here?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trouble is most corners are not 90 degrees so I always did my 2 wet angles in 2 passes one with the wing on one wall and then again with the wing on the other wall... and also a lot later than you think as well... you don't want to be taking gear off :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Bugs the Crap out of me watching people attempt to use a corner trowel and they always leave a ridge....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I just do them with my trowel never found a decent corner trowel yet, Had a MT 90 degree which wasn't, had a 2" Refina also out of square and the handle snapped off, and just tried a Putz and it went in the skip was the worst of the lot, proper tatt.

The black one is plastic ,favourite one is the marshalltown 90 and the one between the 2 externals with the burgundy handle

Status
Not open for further replies.