Cordless drill

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasterCraftDundee

My faithful makita is on its last legs so time for a new one i think, can anyone recommend a decent one. used mainly for screwing boards, beads etc and the occasional drilling and hammer action. cheers

18v Lithium Makita ... any really ... will do everything you need ... quick charge .

My drill broke weeks ago .... got a new Makita body for it complete with case for £40 sheets ... check to see if they sell the bodys for yours as the batts and case can be used again ... save u least 150 sheets

Bodys for the one your on about Ive seen on ebay for £20-35 quid on ebay ..... if your charger and batterys are fine then id just get a new body and case :RpS_thumbup:

L-ion ones are better but the battery's tend to just stop working and cost £100 to replace. Iv had 2 in 18months

Ive got 6 makita lithium batterys had them a few years well most of them , no problems as of yet at all , just dont hoy them around and ive heard to keep them charged , if the first cell in the battery goes below a certain voltage sure its 1.2 or 2.1 something like that it faults on the charger

Makita 18v for me, got the drill and impact driver. Just seen that hitachi have brought out a 18v combi with 5.0a batteries

Ive used senco autofeed, makiti, blue bosch and currently on a cheapo green bosch...

When that goes im ******* em all off and using clouts and a F*****g hammer!!!!!:RpS_sneaky:

I used to buy makita all the time and still have 2autofeeders and a cordless but when the same 18v drill was up against a dewalt same batteries is 2amp the dewalt just had more oomph and lasted longer IMO they are bit bulky than makita but some great deals around on them at the most too :RpS_thumbup:

Just picked up the Mikita 18v impact driver, 2 x 4amp batteries, charger and case £250 from its London if that's any help :)

Ive used senco autofeed, makiti, blue bosch and currently on a cheapo green bosch...

When that goes im ******* em all off and using clouts and a F*****g hammer!!!!!:RpS_sneaky:

What did you think of the senco auto feed zombie?.

Got a pair of Makita lxt's from bang and screw after our DeWalt batteries went south, much better.

My old man used to buy screws etc in bulk and get free makita drills with them (don't get these offers any more!) nearly all my power tools are makita!

Makita all the way for me, I'm just in the process of replacing my old 18v stuff with the new lithium stuff,

my old mans got all makita and never failed him.

I've found it cheaper to buy the sets on amazon.com it comes from the USA all have to do is buy a uk charger and I'm still saving £100-£200 compared to here.

That will be the 1.5 amp hour batterys not the 3,s still good though would be lighter just depends what you use for :RpS_thumbup:

You can get the set with the 2 x 1.5A or ITS London does the set with 1 x 3A. The batteries on their own are the same price I think - so for replacements just but another kit, take the batteries out and flog the body/charger/box on fleabay :RpS_thumbup:

What did you think of the senco auto feed zombie?.

To be honest scottie mine must be nearly 10yrs old now so don't know how the newer versions fair its a cordless style btw they were mega expensive back then bout 450 sheets I recall!!!

I bet I haven't used it for about 5yrs though. When I was on new builds there ok so long as your only going in straight if your trying to angle in slightly there naff also you really need 1 hand on the trigger and 1 behind the butt as they work more on pushing so to speak than doing all the work themselves if that makes sense.

All that said in the right set up pretty quick, only work in domestics now and its more of a hinderance when trying to overboard etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.