Control suction.....Help!!!!!!

Broste1980

Hi guys first post but been lurking for a while. Thanks in advance.

We’ve been renovating the house for a while and expecting the little ‘un in June. Before the Coronavirus lockdown had a few guys due to come in and plaster 4 rooms. obviously that’s not going to happen at the moment. Rooms where back to brick but have been bonded out by father in law, nice and flat, straight and plumb. I’ve done some plastering before and am not too bad at skimming so with the pending loom a new born on the way and plenty of time on my hands (in the absence of a pro spread or 2) thought I’d try and make some headway.

Have skimmed ceilings and partitions no real issues a bit of filler and a rub down after mist coat and all should be good.

The hardwall (bonding) is another beast. I’ve PVA’d and drenched her to the point water is running like a waterfall, mix up, clean up quick spray again to keep her moist can’t get even half a 10m2 wall done before it’s set. Multi still In date by 3 month. Wondering if there’s something else because multi is going hard in real quick. By the time I’ve mixed, cleaned and been spreading for 10 minutes it’s going hard. Thick this is more the problem than the backing, thought it old plaster on spot board could be sucking moisture out so swapped to a plastic one, a little better but not much. Any ideas, suggestions and sorry for the long post

Just read the post properly hardwall sucks moisture out to f**k no amount of pva will help ,it should of been skimmed the same day I'm afraid to avoid suction control problems if u have any walls left with hardwall patches and existing wall is to skim the existing wall first with 2 coats leave it to pick up for abit give it a trowel then put 2 coats over the hardwall straight away and trowel up again to blend it all in but timings will be crucial

I use £20 hvlp spray gun and beeline sealer on dry walls mixed to spec. It's a pva clear emulsion and cheap. When dry plastering PVA over and away I go. Don't get any beeline on anything other than the walls as its stucks like cit so mask. Great stuff

I use £20 hvlp spray gun and beeline sealer on dry walls mixed to spec. It's a pva clear emulsion and cheap. When dry plastering PVA over and away I go. Don't get any beeline on anything other than the walls as its stucks like cit so mask. Great stuff
When you say mixed to spec, what ratio sealer:water etc??

When you say mixed to spec, what ratio sealer:water etc??
3 parts water to 1 part Beeline sealer. Thats a perfect surface to PVA over and very cost effective. It's a PVA emulsion so dose not go sticky and will stick to many surfaces from glass to bricks. I have skimmed over it but feel happier with a plastering PVA applied and sticky just to be sure but never had a problem. So easy to spray witj cheap hvlp or roll in.