Contract Extension

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working temp contract for the Council six months now and was expecting to be taken on full time contract after I've had excellent reports for my standard of work but the Bar Stewards have only offered me a six month extension!!! Do i take this personally and look for something else or is it still grim out there? To be honest I'm pissed off with workin with bad tradesmen and patching but the banters good;)...Every now and then we get a full house to do and i miss these type of jobs!

they prob dont wanna take you on because the government has to make major cut backs this yr to balance things up. they are set to slash thousands of services/jobs so maybe take the six months and get on with looking elsewhere in the mean time until something comes up

Roofer its still grim mate so id take it without making too much fuss. Its looking like we are heading for the double dip they have been talking about.

Bloody joke innit? Get a trade and you'll never be outta work my arse!!!! Government claiming we're out of recession because of a 000000000000000000000.1 growth!!!! Don't mention that there's still no houses going up and the building trades on it's arse still!!!!!

I'll sign up for the six months and count on things picking up ;)

Cheers fellas!

The thing i do not get is to be in a recession it has to be i think 3 or 4 consecutive quarters of negative growth but yet to come out of it its just one quarter of positive growth it doesn't seem right to me.

Take the work while its there mate.

gps said:
The thing i do not get is to be in a recession it has to be i think 3 or 4 consecutive quarters of negative growth but yet to come out of it its just one quarter of positive growth it doesn't seem right to me.

Take the work while its there mate.

It saves them having to fiddle the figures 3 or 4 times :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.