conny rendering advice plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Private Member
hi chaps...

after a little advice if poss....wanting to slowley dip my feet with external work and ive been asked to sand & cement render a dwarf wall on a conny....

its currently your standard blockwork and has been built about a month or so....

ive got a few quesions id like to ask regarding suitable mix ratios and meshings etc... but will probably ask them later as individual questions so as to not make this thread to complicated...

my original questions realy are with it only just being built how long if at all would you be happy letting the footings/brickwork settle first?... and aslo does a sand & cement finish seem an ok approach for this sort of substrate etc.

Thanks chaps zombie

There should be no need to leave it to settle for any longer, yes S&C would be suitable and if you do a search there is a guide to mix ratios for different substrates.

Use webber ocr no need for scratch coat lay it on rule it off float and sponge it up like you would with normal sand and cement .

hi johniosaif....meant conservatory fela

essexandy....thanks appreciated

ivor...thanks ivor...is webber ocr along the same lines as wetherbys bagged render that has scrim adhesive labelled on it? that you use on ewi before the final coat (coloured textured topping) etc

Don't complicate things. Just go with plain old sand and cement 2 coat work.

Like Andy said do a search for mix's and additives.

last time i did concrete rendering or wetdash as i recall was about 25 year ago an absolute ball acher of a job ,imagine pebble dashing but using wet concrete instead of pebbles my arms were killing me at the end of the day ,,,stick to s /c render two coat work

Status
Not open for further replies.