condensation

Members online

ruddez

been to see a job where the walls are old black mortar which is sound it had been skimmed over but the walls in 2 living rooms are all blistered and bubbled due to the salts coming through due to condensation she doesnt want it hacked off because of the mess i suggested vents to start and then a 2x2 studded walls kept off the existing plasterboard/skim she cant afford celotex insulation but i suggested some polystyrene to keep the walls warm do i need to vent the new walls i put up any advice thanks

You need airflow to cure condensation, you will need to vent the stud wall also otherwise you will get the same problem on the new wall. Not blistering or salts but black mould

I would advice celotex but polystyrene would help to avoid cold spots and the ventilation will stop it sweating. You could always try insulated plasterboard

been to see a job where the walls are old black mortar which is sound it had been skimmed over but the walls in 2 living rooms are all blistered and bubbled due to the salts coming through due to condensation she doesnt want it hacked off because of the mess i suggested vents to start and then a 2x2 studded walls kept off the existing plasterboard/skim she cant afford celotex insulation but i suggested some polystyrene to keep the walls warm do i need to vent the new walls i put up any advice thanks
Condensation won't cause the salts to come through sounds like another problem

What sort of wall is it? Solid, cavity.? Like flynny said condensation won't cause salts. Hard to give you some advice without more info and some pics marra

its a cavity wall when i went there to have a look some parts of the walls were wet with condensation she had a damproof co up and they said the same its condensation so as i said she dont want the mess of hacking off so its stud/board thanks anyway

I bet she's had her cavities filled with those s**t poly balls or some sort of cavity fill and now it's breached.
I'd check the external as your only covering the problem not solving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a nitemare job all I read is she dsnt want any mess and she dsnt want sumat because its 2 expensive..stay clear do u really need a job like that?

Reactions: Pug
Kitchy got it on the nose. s**t job and client making the "I can't afford this" noise = find a new build with a rich scadsnavian woman who has pots of wealth ! :)