Condensation after rendering

Bob74

Hi there, I’m a muggle I’m afraid with what is hopefully a simple question! I’ve had a reputable company come in to damp proof a couple of walls. They have put a tanking system in today and rendered and are due to be coming back in a few days to plaster. Tonight I came home and the rooms felt very stuffy, and I noticed a lot of condensation on the internal windows. Is that just the moisture from the render coming out as it dries or do I have a potential issue? Thank you!

For the walls to dry out the moistures got to come out of the material, when you tank the walls all the moisture comes into the room. As above open the windows as much as possible

Open windows
open window face GIF

Great, thanks you! I thought as much but wasn’t sure so wanted to check with the experts :) I’m not sure about a membrane to be honest there wasn’t an air brick put in as it’s a very old house but they did put a layer of something in before the tanking and the render was ‘breathable’ or something similar? The guy seemed very knowledgable so I can only hope it works! Thank you all so much for your input and setting my mind at rest.