concrete

Status
Not open for further replies.
my missus keeps horses and the farmer that has all the stables wants me to do 12 stables for him and a courtyard should be interesting :)

Ive done a fair bit of grano work skirting's ,stairs and industrial sub bases and one shed base in concreate ;D

have you done the standard concrete finish church or do you mean a more terrzo (spelling) effect where you can polish it up with different aggrigates and pigments. (i cant spell to save my life by the way)

Haven't done a grano screed for a while , its not a decorative finish like shop floors the Italians keep that a secret ;D well they used to ;D grano is more industrial but can be power troweled late at night mostly ,

church said:
Haven't done a grano screed for a while , its not a decorative finish like shop floors the Italians keep that a secret ;D well they used to ;D grano is more industrial but can be power troweled late at night mostly ,

i remember doing the half landings (well helping ::) ) on council stairwells, u had to use
carborundum dust on it from what i remember and use dyes to get the right colours. Put
newspaper etc on it to try and get it dry before the locals could 'tag' it. Horrible sh1t

Kirk i done a fair bit of concrete work but not a stable floor,to make the gully out of concrete just sit a 6 inch plastic pipe in the concrete to create the profile u need.

church said:
lol happy days ,well sort of :-\
grand wizard said:
havent done grano for years setting out stairs was a pain in the arse

Only seemed 'happy days' cos it was 20 yrs ago when the sun always shone an ur bird would
give u a bj without begging her. It was horrible s**t, trying to mould skirtings etc. It was
rockhard ( 8) ) gear tho. Maybe Kirk should do a how to on how to make rockhard scream.
* typo -rockhard screed ;D

thanks mate i have done my mums back garden and put a few gulleys in that with plastic pipes, i just wanted to see what tips anyone could come up with as it was a ball ache to do :-\

Sounds quite apt that Kirk, getting the bigger pic now.Kirk, horses,Stetson, spurs, Bet you got a nice pair of boots too.Lol

kirk johnstone said:
thanks mate i have done my mums back garden and put a few gulleys in that with plastic pipes, i just wanted to see what tips anyone could come up with as it was a ball ache to do :-\
i have built a fair few stables kirk i lot guys like a slight fall on the stable floor normaley from the door to the back of the stable so the piss can run the floor where there are holes in the back wall for it to escape we mark the wall with a chake line and screed to that last job the set the fall for us with laser leavel hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.