concrete of cement

Status
Not open for further replies.

fixit

I have a 40mm floor to lay in an old cottage. Was wondering should I use concrete or normal sand and cement. Is there any need for concrete. what ratio should i mix the sand & cement at if i choose that method I have the living room and kitchen so it only 50 m2 in total. Is there any benifits of using concrete.

get premix fibre screed mate, lifes too short to be mixing screed,
make sure you get a good bond on slab with a nice tacky slurry as its a bit on the thin side mate.

Course sharp sand and cement 4:1, Id throw sbr in the mix as well ,and fibres for what they're worth

i would employ a floor screeder as this is not a diy job. i would also order ready mix screed .

I have a 40m2 area to lay. Wondering the best size of subfloor. Was going to use 4" stone then 40mm concrete to finish. It's an area with no walls The Roof is held up with concrete pillars. The floor is open to the elements. Just an area for the kids to play. Sand & cement screed or concrete??

I have a 40m2 area to lay. Wondering the best size of subfloor. Was going to use 4" stone then 40mm concrete to finish. It's an area with no walls The Roof is held up with concrete pillars. The floor is open to the elements. Just an area for the kids to play. Sand & cement screed or concrete??
I'd concrete it if it's open to the elements

Yea, it will be getting plenty of rain on it. If 60mm of screed would have done how much cement would I get away with. 40mm???

Status
Not open for further replies.