Compressor for spayset texture kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camnz

Hi I'm looking for a compressor to use with the texture spray set I've brought with my Ritmo L. PFT's compressor is 14CFM and 400L/m but I'm wondering if this is free to air?
cheers cam

Hi camnz,

For spraying multi or thin coat render you'll need about a 10cfm compressor. For texturing, slightly less, about 6-8cfm. Most cfm quoted by compressor manufacturers is the air displacement, free air delivery s about a third less. A 3hp electric compressor will typically deliver 15cfm, you useable or free air delivery would be about 10cfm at 60psi.

If you need any more help or would like us to supply you a suitable compressor please get in touch.

cheers refina so if i want to spray textures would i look at 6/8 CFM free to air?i was looking at the PFT compressor but I've run out of cash so ill just have to hire one for a while.
cheers cam

cheers refina so if i want to spray textures would i look at 6/8 CFM free to air?i was looking at the PFT compressor but I've run out of cash so ill just have to hire one for a while.
cheers cam

My names Leon by the way. Can you email me at leon@refina.co.uk, I have a feeling we have an ex demo c330/10 compressor at the moment. May be able to hire it out but will need to double check on Tuesday when I'm in the office.

awesome cheers leon can you send it to 3 crocodile drive,koala bear park,dingo town ,darwin australia:RpS_thumbsup:

Aha oh! Probs get one locally then. Just organised for a pump to be sent to oz. carriage was 1200!!

thats more than it cost to send the ritmo out here lol i also brought a motorbike out that was only 500 quid?

Possibly, we generally get quotes for 3-4 carriers and go with the cheapest for international shipments. Had another last week for canada where cheapest quote was £3k!

You'll want a compressor that is quoted as 10-12cfm displacement or 6-8cfm delivery (useable air).

All a bit confusing, hope that's clear.

Possibly, we generally get quotes for 3-4 carriers and go with the cheapest for international shipments. Had another last week for canada where cheapest quote was £3k!

Leon do you think it's because youre a company?....put on you're best little old ladies voice ' hello can you hear me.....hello....yes I need to send a machine to youre country I did try the post office but I couldn't get a bubble wrapped envelope big enough can you pick it up for me and send it to my nephew you would be a dear thank you'. ......then put 20 percent on top wahey

I have no idea mate, it's easy for huge companies sending loads out, they get a really low unit cost, but for us to offer a service from as far south as you can get to anywhere mainland UK in 24 hours it's not so easy. We tend to deal with the same 4 overseas carriage companies and quotes are based on size of the thing being sent, fuel prices, type of carriage, obviously where it's going and whether they've got other stuff going there. We meet with these companies fairly often to negotiate so I hope that we would be getting better prices than a little old lady with a big envelope

leon is it possible you could team up with other local companies who also use delivery companies and negotiate a slimmer rate. All done from 1 collection point

There are a few firms on the estate who use our carriers for the odd thing, but no one sends anything out in volume like we do. I suggested that, but got a 'no'. Mentioned putting up prices by a quid or two and just offering free carriage across the board, but didn't get a great response.

There are a few firms on the estate who use our carriers for the odd thing, but no one sends anything out in volume like we do. I suggested that, but got a 'no'. Mentioned putting up prices by a quid or two and just offering free carriage across the board, but didn't get a great response.
Refina seem quite accommodating leon............:RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.