Common injuries

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pixie

hi folks been getting a pain in arm which progressively got worse and to the point where I was holding two hands on the trowel when troweling up, not good. Went to doctor and turns out to be tendonitis, which is an injury caused by over use of a particular area. Does anybody else suffer from anything like this or have they? Had tennis elbow a few times as well.

Had tennis elbow had pinched tendons in my shoulders....... best thing I ever did is seeing a physio to give me exercises to keep my body in balance as using the same muscles all day every day is not good for you plus if you are sore I feel great after she has go her thumbs stuck in......

up until the last year i've been really lucky. bad back that was sorted with some acupuncture. but last few months plagued with aches and pains. age has caught up with me. elbow bursitis that has eased slightly but seems like its always going to be there. and think ive torn something in my shoulder when i was knocking a conservatory down with a sledgie. had that a few months now. comes and goes. but worst of all my knees are starting to hurt every day. even with the glucosamine, msm, and curcumin. feels like ive got knee pads on and theyre slipping forwards ffs. dont think ive got long left. might have to do something else. maybe a s*x worker. its a shame, it really is.

Yea that could b an option I suppose. A week off is on the cards for defo. if that doesn't help then physio looking good. although I have to finish up some work first not looking forward to the next couple a weeks at all.

I suppose seven day weeks have finally caught up with me also but I wouldn't say I'm done just yet I'm in my early thirties, s*x workers pay well though. So I hear anyway lol

Summat wrong with me shoulder which makes ceilings a nightmare, I get out of a chair like an 85yr old, it takes 5 or 10 mins for me ankles to warm up and free off every morning so i walk to the bog like charlie chaplin, me hands go into cramps most nights in the winter and every 3 months or so i will drop like hit by a snipers bullet cos of me back but other than that i can'y complain really (y)

Got a pain in elbow that comes n goes, snapped something in knee 2 years ago don't trust doctors so was off it for months then coz it was taking the strain for the knackered one the other went just as the first one felt ok so now got 2 iffy knees which play up squatting wen laying on and up n down scaffold etc, chopped end of thumb off sewed it back on through bit of thumb nail with fishing gut but no feeling there now, few other bits just usual wear n tear of the job really so mustn't grumble to much coz after more than 30 years in the game I still fekin luvs it mun :frio:

I suppose it's naive to have heard all the stories working along with other guys and think I wont b the same. A well! Looks like we're all doomed

Look after yourself and you shouldn't get injuries, eat well stay well hydrated, stretch. If you can, work out.

This job will take its toll if you don't

I trod on a nail in a piece of wood thrown carelessly by a skip some weeks ago had to tread on the wood and pull my foot of nail ahhhhh ..remember always knock those nails flat guys ..so guys like me don't injure themselves H&S first .

up until the last year i've been really lucky. bad back that was sorted with some acupuncture. but last few months plagued with aches and pains. age has caught up with me. elbow bursitis that has eased slightly but seems like its always going to be there. and think ive torn something in my shoulder when i was knocking a conservatory down with a sledgie. had that a few months now. comes and goes. but worst of all my knees are starting to hurt every day. even with the glucosamine, msm, and curcumin. feels like ive got knee pads on and theyre slipping forwards ffs. dont think ive got long left. might have to do something else. maybe a s*x worker. its a shame, it really is.

giving or receiving :inocente::lol:

I suppose seven day weeks have finally caught up with me also but I wouldn't say I'm done just yet I'm in my early thirties, s*x workers pay well though. So I hear anyway lol

yes they do:inocente: --------------- so i've be informed by olican :lol:

@raggles that sounds very similar to me around 8 years ago, have you got any psoriasis as this is what I had ad it was linked to arthritis. I take methotrexate tablets and am fine but i tried to come off them but really struggled.

I've been in agony of a morning and last thing at night tore my hamstring last week I've booked feck all in for next week avin a rest I'm away with the fairys in the day dosed up

image.jpeg
Look after yourself and you shouldn't get injuries, eat well stay well hydrated, stretch. If you can, work out.

This job will take its toll if you don't

@raggles that sounds very similar to me around 8 years ago, have you got any psoriasis as this is what I had ad it was linked to arthritis. I take methotrexate tablets and am fine but i tried to come off them but really struggled.

Nah no psoriasis marra, me ankles are from footy years ago and never letting defenders see how much a kick had really hurt. My periods of back pain are soft tissue damage apparently, well that's what the doc says.

Summat wrong with me shoulder which makes ceilings a nightmare, I get out of a chair like an 85yr old, it takes 5 or 10 mins for me ankles to warm up and free off every morning so i walk to the bog like charlie chaplin, me hands go into cramps most nights in the winter and every 3 months or so i will drop like hit by a snipers bullet cos of me back but other than that i can'y complain really (y)
Snap!

Sent from my Nokia 3310 whilst having a poo

Did my first ceiling today in 3 months, shoulder had been a bit achy but not really felt it since.....tonight its very sore and back on house bashing for a while so time to stock back up on the tablets [emoji106]

The sniper bit also made me laugh because until you've felt that sharp stab followed by strange numbness you can't explain to others why ur not just being a pussy

Status
Not open for further replies.