coloured render on thermalite

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

can anyone advise what would be the most cost effective way to render a property that has been built in thermalite blocks?
cheers

Yes SPS reckon it will go over thermalites. I would prefer rend aid though fully meshed and then mono or parex. Don't quite trust mono direct on those blocks.

Just a thought? How about Parex micro then their mono? A barrier between the two?

I take it you mean thermolite as in 3.5 n ?
its a constant issue rendering over celcons etc, parex say, micro and render away using EHI

Yeah was thinking the same rigs.its 800m2 so big job.only spotted it's thermalite when I looked closely at plans,nothing about it in bill of quants!!!! Will it need mesh in the micro?not a fan of putting it in first pass,slows us down when spraying

Dodgy this one unless you can get a disclaimer. Ask your chosen manufacturer for their spec and fully mesh.

where abouts are you bobby?
get a rep from which ever render manufacturer to come out and have a gander, that's what you pay there wages for, indirectly through buying there render.

Sounds good owls.just pricing at the mo anyway.hopefully who ever else quote's will spot its celcon blocks else my price will look slightly more costly!!!
When does parex office open again?

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

As has been said, micro, then tv10 between passes.
We would tape the building/windows then use your ritmo to spray the micro if its a decent area like that, it blows it on super fast. I like laying the mesh between passes when spraying, have it pre cut and if needs be get an extra labourer in for doing the job of placing it on and flicking a trowel over it to bed in.

Yes mate.gezzer wants price for mf ceilings,all the boarding and skimming.will keep you in the loop me old china.

Yes mate.gezzer wants price for mf ceilings,all the boarding and skimming.will keep you in the loop me old china.

Same here bud, doing 8 houses in Feb and been asked to price up 3 townhouses end of Feb, they are closer to you. Will keep you updated when I get more info :RpS_thumbsup:

I take it you mean thermolite as in 3.5 n ?
its a constant issue rendering over celcons etc, parex say, micro and render away using EHI

They have speced micro and normal monorex to me

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

I've been specified standard mono on celcons by Steve keightley himself but Im not convinced, the problem for me is the weight of standard mono, which I raised with him. If your using a heavy render on a lightweight substrate your storing up problems, but who am I to argue different.

I must admit we were dubious but done a few now and not had any issues. The micro certainly sorts out the suction issues.

As has been said, micro, then tv10 between passes.
We would tape the building/windows then use your ritmo to spray the micro if its a decent area like that, it blows it on super fast. I like laying the mesh between passes when spraying, have it pre cut and if needs be get an extra labourer in for doing the job of placing it on and flicking a trowel over it to bed in.

Do you spray the micro on neat?

Bobby. There are numerous issues with rendering onto Thermalite light weight blocks. We do have a solution and i can put you in touch with our ASM if interested. Please drop me a message if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.