coloured clay plaster...no need to paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

clayplasterman

Are there any plasterers wanting to learn about clay plaster?:rolleyes)

Attachments

• Vale of White Horse-20110929-00311.jpg
    Vale of White Horse-20110929-00311.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 325
  • Vale of White Horse-20110929-00296.jpg
    Vale of White Horse-20110929-00296.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 338
sure does i am getting a lot of interest so much easier to use than multifinish as it doesnt set, you have all day to play and will last around 6 months in a sealed container and ready to use, its breathable repairable and no need to paint customers love it and its all eco friendly.

can you get the same finish as multi with this and how thick you laying this clay on ...

you can with the porcelina product, it goes on real thin over a base coat between 1-3 mm and has a mechanical set with compression

This application was on plaster board in a 400 year old thatched cottage, i used a plum coloured clay behind the roll top bath inbetween the elm beams looks fantastic...being modest of course :RpS_thumbup:

Of course:RpS_biggrin:..........what volumes is it available in, what's the coverage and how much per tub? :RpS_thumbup:

Seen it used a couple of times on Grand Designs never seen anyone use a trowel though. it seems to be all chuck it on use ya hands & fingers to spread it.....Canny Eco though..........:RpS_thumbup:

Hi... it comes in 25kg bags which has a shelf life of for ever you add a natural binder and a colour of your choice 110 in total it is a two coat system each bag covers approx 15-20 meters its around £5.00 per meter product cost not cheap but there is no decorating involved so its a good sell to customers who want something unusual and natural.

Hi,its a more refined product and ready to use main stream with some training and i use japanese trowels to apply they are amazing to use

OK, here's a question the punters are bound to ask you a lot........ What do you paint it with when you want a change of colour?

good question...to change colour you simply give wall a light mist of water and apply new a colour of clay plaster or paint with normal paint but you loose all benefits and there are lots its is truly an amazing product all natural last over 6 months in sealed tub...i have produced some nice effects as well.

Hi, yes there are pro's and con's with clay plaster the main one is plasterers not understanding how it should be applied the main comparison i get is its not as hard as Gypsum this is because Gypsum based plasters have a chemical set when water is added it reverts back to its original state and goes hard, its an interesting mineral when its being produced or cooked in a kiln it precipitates water this is why its a good fire preventative material and this product can be re-cycled over and over.
Clay has a mechanical set i.e. it needs compression with a plastic or japanese trowel to give its hardness but at any time it can be repaired as water will liven the surface so it can be re-worked but i can go through this in more detail later...

yes it can be used in bathrooms and kitchens BUT you have to be careful where its used constant water will damage the integrity of the product but saying that it has Hygroscopic properties which means it will absorb lots of moisture so in a bathroom if you keep it of the bath walls you will find your mirrors do not mist up:RpS_thumbup: this is the case in the kitchen keep it of the sink wall or protect with a larger splash back...depends how messy your misses is :RpS_lol: i can go into this at a later date.

hi, i would say not in exposed fire situation but i have just applied where there is a stove and the wall is about a foot or more away i have a picture somewhere.

:RpS_scared: yes this could happen over many years but as it goes on 2mm at a time you're still good to watch tv for a bit:RpS_thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum nice to see something different,Interesting product, cant see many advantages to the gear in the way you have described but i can see the arty farty vegans loving it but then again them people dont like putting their hands in there pockets. What other advantages are there appart from you can add a colour?

Hi the main advantages are repairability breathability last over 6 months knocked up and you dont have to paint, true it has a niche market but i can charge good money for an unusual product and gives you another approach to your customers who want something different.

Hi the main advantages are repairability breathability last over 6 months knocked up and you dont have to paint, true it has a niche market but i can charge good money for an unusual product and gives you another approach to your customers who want something different.
Yeh i suppose it could run alongside what we normally do and it is something different, not something ive ever been asked for. Is the gear available in the UK? Is there a minimum order?

clay it on then use that wallpaper mulsh stuff that someone tried pushing on us last year

its like all these different products we have to hand its all about willing to learn and find out how they work and are applied i found out and doing rather well with an unusual eco plaster its want a lot of people and architects are asking for.

i purchased mine from www.theclayplastercompany.co.uk and there is no minimum order.

its like all these different products we have to hand its all about willing to learn and find out how they work and are applied i found out and doing rather well with an unusual eco plaster its want a lot of people and architects are asking for.

i purchased mine from www.theclayplastercompany.co.uk and there is no minimum order.

From yourself LOL I was wondering when the big sell would start Play the game mate if your gonna start pushing your own products speak to the owner of the forum Danny hes a nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.