Clinical standard

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

khew3955

Hi as anybody had any work in hospitals or labs were all internal angles have to be curved for cleansing?the job I'm doing next week is in a forensics place and 1 of the rooms needs to be done this way.the walls are all new plasterboard so to make the angles round I was going to use bonding and make a profile out of timber for the curve.anybody got any suggestions
kev

Can make a bullnose trowel by cutting down a piece of PVC waste pipe so correct size and sticking to a cheapy 90 internal trowel with no nails.

You cant make a bullnose on plasterboard , its got nothing to do with new trowels ,its a skill thing

This is exactly what I thought.i was thing of getting a piece of marine ply and measuring 50mm of the top corner vertically and horizontally then cutting curve of with a jig saw.

we have used a football to run internals in a photo studio as they did not want any straight line showing up in the photos.
we have also used a childs plastic dinner plate. we do have coving trowels, designed for cove skirting, which would also do internals.

why say its bull nose then ? football too soft got to put more pressure on than that .

church;790859 football too soft got to put more pressure on than that .[/QUOTE said:
you only have to pull the bonding into the required shape, the skimming will be simple.

you only have to pull the bonding into the required shape, the skimming will be simple.

i know, theres nothing that is difficult about plastering , but you have to know what your doing to make it simple .

the problem with coved internals is fixing the skirting to the shape. i think that i would take the plastered internal down to the floor and let the carpenter worry about his fixings.

I was on similar job an lads who started doing coved It three ways an dubbed out the edge an skimmed it in. Didn't look to bad to be honest

yeah i did a job like this in notting hill police station we did the cells and they wanted the same to make it easy to hose them out when all the little wronguns puke, shite and piss in cells.
i managed to get one of the refina rubber cove tools and it worked a treat ordered it from hand tools express i think we had to render the walls and curve it into a grano screed all laid together

Status
Not open for further replies.