Cleaning speedskim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds1990

Just got a shot of a friends speedskim for a job I have tomorrow and it's not been cleaned very well. What's the best way to clean the plaster out all the grooves?

24 hour soak, but if time is against you just boil the kettle and throw boiling water over it................................ or use a plumbers blowtorch :RpS_thumbup:

throw it in a skip for the night, if the dew doesnt fetch it off.. it;ll save you throwing it back in the skip...

I had a look at the eze spat on p1ss, seen that there is a standard blade and a flexi blade, what stage of skimming what you yous the 2 different blades? I guess your talking about nela s*p*r*lex trowel?

I use the refina eze spat mate, never used the P1SS one, so cant compare, refina blade is quite flexible though...

Hmm was going to get a speedskim but looks like I'm going to have to consider getting the eze spat instead. Nela super flex is defo getting purchased though!

nela and refina are both very good, some people prefer one over the other, but there both class acts..

ive used the new blue blade speedskim and think its a quality bit of kit you can finish with it quite easily you have to still tidy the angles but it does finish nicley

ive used the new blue blade speedskim and think its a quality bit of kit you can finish with it quite easily you have to still tidy the angles but it does finish nicley

What's different between the new blue blade and the original blade?

you can finish with the blue you cnt with the original the grey blades are just for flattening off

Think I'm going to go for the Eze spat from p1ss. Can you tell me at what stages you would use the standard blade and the flexi blade?
Forget the standard blade and ask for a flexi blade. After you have first coated flatten with the eze spat (I wouldn't get any size over 1.2m I got the 1m myself) then use it to help flatten after second coating etc each to their own? Both myself and @SpankySouthport tackled a rather large ceiling in France and he had both speedskim and eze spat (both with pole attachments) as soon as he tried the speedskim !? I shouted it would be thrown in the skip if he carried on then the eze spat! Absolutely brilliant!! Big ceilings are so easy thanks to it :RpS_thumbsup: as for trowels get the Refina s*p*r*lex! The Nela is too narrow and not as much flex as it were if you don't believe me ? Ask @scottie5 ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget the standard blade and ask for a flexi blade. After you have first coated flatten with the eze spat (I wouldn't get any size over 1.2m I got the 1m myself) then use it to help flatten after second coating etc each to their own? Both myself and @SpankySouthport tackled a rather large ceiling in France and he had both speedskim and eze spat (both with pole attachments) as soon as he tried the speedskim !? I shouted it would be thrown in the skip if he carried on then the eze spat! Absolutely brilliant!! Big ceilings are so easy thanks to it :RpS_thumbsup: as for trowels get the Refina s*p*r*lex! The Nela is too narrow and not as much flex as it were if you don't believe me ? Ask @scottie5 ??

So you only use to flatten after the first and second coat then back on it with a trowel?

Haha speedskim fine for flattening early I only ever used it on ceilings tbh, Don't know what it was in France but it just peeled and pulled rather than flatten maybe it had gone that little bit to far for it. That's the difference though if you after a fast set then using plastic is the way to go as it doesn't pull moisture to the surface like steel.

The spat is head and shoulders better than than the speedy, you can trowel up with it just keep tiding angles

However I'm yet to finish a full set without a least one trowel with the s*p*r*lex

i dont understand how you got that blade stuck in there arti haha i took out a blade that i had had in mine for a about a year and a half mabey more and it came out easy without any effort

Status
Not open for further replies.