claymans Japanese trowels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace

as said above i met paul the other day as hes doin a job down my way and managed to wangle one of these fancy jap trowels off of him, well i decided to give it a go on some multi today i wassnt expecting much from it but i have to say it was pukka, i still laid on with my marshalltown but i flattened in with the jap for both coats and troweld up with it which again i diddnt think it would be any good on but i was sorely mistaken.
you can trowel up alot sooner with it with hardly any water at all and it doesnt pull anything off either by the end of the set i would be over compensating if i said i had a small handfull of fat off of a lid and 3 walls.
just thought id put that out there for people who like to have a varied selection of plant for the job:RpS_thumbsup:

they are quite flexible but not overly i really liked it mate its not as comfortable to use as a marshaltown as the tang is further towards the heel of the trowel so to balance it you have to move your hand up one finger so you have one either side of the tang but you soon get used to it and dnt really notice it.
couple of other spreads on the firm had a go on it aswell and loved it.

images

That's nice Paul's givin away freebies:RpS_biggrin:
does he know be gave it away jace. or did you just..erm , take it:RpS_wink:
hope you didn't go near his furniture?you know what he's like:RpS_scared:

.ps. any sign of. you know who???:RpS_wink:
tied up in the back somewhere?

haha yeah he knows he gave it away......well i just kept goin on about how much i liked it till he gave up and said i could have it haha (why do you think im doin this review now.....i want another one or 2 at least haha)
no furniture was hurt durring the meeting of me and paul apparently the heavy duty thick wooden bench that richards aris broke when he met morph is still in surgery and undergoing psychological therapy from the trauma.
sadly jayne wassnt there cos if she was i would have let her loose just to make things interesting for a bit

Oi............ My Aris did not go through the Railway Sleeper furniture he has now.....!:RpS_scared:

Read my post...... it was Noah's in-laws plastic patio furniture!!

I think Morph had it passed down to him through multiple generations... LOL

mate in a couple of weeks on multi it will be like a blaady razor, it does make a lovley job of it though, but like i said its a bit alien to use at first sort of feels like the first time you picked up a trowel but you soon get used to it

they are quite flexible but not overly i really liked it mate its not as comfortable to use as a marshaltown as the tang is further towards the heel of the trowel so to balance it you have to move your hand up one finger so you have one either side of the tang but you soon get used to it and dnt really notice it.
couple of other spreads on the firm had a go on it aswell and loved it.

Claymonster told me you were holding it the wrong way round :-0

haha clay monster cnt even knock his own product up properly he threw a guage in on saturday and......well theres less lumps in concrete than was in that mix haha

mine was freeeeeeee haha ask the mud man im just letting the rabble know what i thought of them

i want to get more of them ive only got the 11 inch one i think a 14 and a 20 would be mustard dnt know if they do them in that size though

Just found some more if you scroll down i like the idea of having a trowel called a Blue Dragon :RpS_thumbsup:

trowels are 35 including vat its free p&p on the 300mm this is the one ive got i think

i like the one paul gave me cos its got a square nose on it so once youve got used to the tang being strange its no different to your normal trowel to use it just finishes like a dream with alot less effort

I've looked at these to replace an old tyzack I use to trowel off. Its worn so thin its very flexible and sharp ad a razor. But has anyone used the pointed jap trowel . I wonder if the shape would lend itself to regular work?

I use a small jap trowel for some venetian work. Think you can only get them over here from mike wye. Its only about 6 inch but its perfect for different jobs especially rounded walls

Do you mean a 300mm square fronted (normal) shape...where do you buy these ?

yeah mate thats the ones i got mine from clayplasterman off of here but you cnt pm him if you really want one i can txt him and try sort it out for ya

How much did Paul pay you to write this thread Jace?
:RpS_sneaky:

haha not enough.....seriously though everyone on our fim has one now and they love them get razor sharp real quick, but do take a bit of getting used to

OMG OMG I,ve only been and gone and done it.
I,ve bought the Honyaki Sweden 0.3mm . It came to £48 inc delivery. I'm getting a hard on already

Status
Not open for further replies.