citb construction diplomatest for trainees and know it alls

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooptaza

Hi all,

Just to let the trainees know, there is an app out for practicing the Construction Diploma L2 End Test. I have checked the questions and they are exactly as they would appear on the test.

Maybe the know it alls could try it for fun and post there score.

I think some of the questions are bad but I wonder who makes up the test

When setting out foa ceiling according to that you look for the high spot, might be the correct answer for the Australians but not here!!

Would love to question some of these test questions, after all they are giving out the qualification.

Q -There is a question, electric under floor heating is laid on top of?
Ans - Screed
I thought it was laid on top of the insulation.

you should always screed over underfloor heating... imagine tiling straight on top of the cables ( which you can ) but ever break a tile, and the heating is fuked.. you would never remove the tile without damaging the electric cables..

Did fibrous section - got one wrong :

Q6) When making size, which additive is used to stop the glue becoming too stiff?
Correct Answer: Lime.

Not sure, I know you can add the lime to casting plaster to slow it down, seen this down a lot at the skillbuild competitions.

what glue do they mean

you should always screed over underfloor heating... imagine tiling straight on top of the cables ( which you can ) but ever break a tile, and the heating is fuked.. you would never remove the tile without damaging the electric cables..

Yes but read the question
Q -Electric under floor heating is laid on top off?...
Ans - Screed

That is the question and answer given from CSKILLS - It doesn't make any sense to me.

it can be laid on top of a screed, be best to also screed/self leveller over the wires... so the answer is not wrong..but not very thought out... when I did my NVQ 2 in dry lining.. I did it at BG, it was the first one they had done, some of the answers were wrong, and the guy asking the theory part questions actually changed them... after we discussed it.. mind you that was obout 20 odd years ago...

Yes but read the question
Q -Electric under floor heating is laid on top off?...
Ans - Screed

That is the question and answer given from CSKILLS - It doesn't make any sense to me.

electric floor heating is made up of cables, inside of a sheet of polythene, something like an electric blanket.it is a cheap method that layes on top of the screed, embeded between 2 layers of tile adhesive then covered in ceramic tiles.
in the 60s and 70s they came up with an idea of these electric heating panels in polythene, fixed to the ceiling joists then you plastered boarded over them. another hopeless idea.

It must be me getting old, high point on wall agreed but the low point on a ceiling would surely be the lowest point from the floor and the high point would be a moist that's set higher than the others. Anyway I'll concede to the majority and keep my head down.

It must be me getting old, high point on wall agreed but the low point on a ceiling would surely be the lowest point from the floor and the high point would be a moist that's set higher than the others. Anyway I'll concede to the majority and keep my head down.
If you flip the wall over to be a ceiling them same spots would be the high spots :)

I can see your logic but, would you overboard a ceiling or underboard it?

Status
Not open for further replies.