check this out

Status
Not open for further replies.

christ

Private Member
DSC00331.jpg

got to work to day and found this, there wernt any sigs of mould when i pva'd the walls. so were the hell did this come from. any 1 know why this has happened. cheers

ive neve seen black spotty mould on anything except condensation...u sure its mould i.e. 'alive'...
only say that cos ive come accross similar phenomena on old houses with solid walls - damp problem/water ingress, possibly been treated with a silicon based sealer before, pva'd th wall then had a right bleedin nightmare tryin to trowel it up...
you skimmed it yet?

yeah the rest of the wall is fine, also i dont think the problem is condensation, to me it looks like a reation. plus the plaster in the area was still soft, so i scraped it off a sprayed with mould and milldue spray. pva'd it and bonded it, fingers crossed.

could be one for the x-files

ill say its damp then, just pulled it through the new plaster, didnt realise the pic was the finished article...
ill bet if you'd placed the flat of your hand over it prior to pva it would have felt clammy...
last time i had a pitched roof abutting the other side about half way up the wall...bleedin crap followed the line of the roof..worse thing is i spotted it prior and just took a chance...now ive used the old wba i reckon ill give that a shot next time...
got away with it though...i did bring it to customers attention first and they just said 'well do what you can, we dont wanna be pullin the wall off'...
anywhere near a chimney breast? maybe the chimney flue's external?? is it solid wall??

Status
Not open for further replies.