Status
Not open for further replies.

northyskim

did a search last night on the forum but didn't come to much

but does anybody use it ?
does it work well?
how much does it cost to join ?

I think it does better down south.

There was also some negative news in the media about checkatrade not to long ago, not sure what though.

Personally I feel there are better ways to bring work in, you find with sites like that it's customers who want cheap work doing, price first quality second.

Also I feel you lose the personal touch with customers, your there because a 3rd party website put you there, any problems and your going to have such websites involved.

It was watchdog they were on, it's just come to me, for not allowing negative reviews to be left for cowboy tradesmen.

Weve been on it for two years now. Pay the 1000quid a year fee where you go out in the flyer.
its paid for its self ten times over. At the min we have two newbuilds from it. And we have just quoted and won a job where a gang have seriously fckud up a 100m krend.

But saying that depends on who your targeting. We get a lot on toilets and single ceilings but dont win because we are vat reg.

I think it does better down south.

There was also some negative news in the media about checkatrade not to long ago, not sure what though.

Personally I feel there are better ways to bring work in, you find with sites like that it's customers who want cheap work doing, price first quality second.

Also I feel you lose the personal touch with customers, your there because a 3rd party website put you there, any problems and your going to have such websites involved.

It was watchdog they were on, it's just come to me, for not allowing negative reviews to be left for cowboy tradesmen.

I think that was some other site as you can leave negative on checkatrade

I think that was some other site as you can leave negative on checkatrade

It was checkatrade because I immediately thought of you as you have mentioned before you knew the original owner.

Fair play if they have rectified the problem and they probably didn't know or understand how to deal with problem customers or tradesmen and disputes.

Personally I think these services are a bit of a fad, I think they have a limited custom of people new to areas that want work doing and don't know where to start, I'm not knocking them, they probably turn out a decent service but I think eventually we will start to see a stigma attached to these sites.

Just my opinion btw

sounds good

did it take long to start working for you
also are you competing against alot of others in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.