cheapest quotation ever

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skimmin2day

Went to do a quote yesterday.Lady wanted a 4x4mcurved cottage style ceiling on 2 tides (as corner semi) over boarding and skimming.
There were nice carpets and the biggest 4 poster bed ive ever seen in my life to be removed moved.
I quoted £250 inc all materials.
She said she already got other quotes one of £300 and another for £140.
Materials will come in at £50 ish plus sheeting and moving cupboard etc long days work for one person.
Please please tell me how could you do it for that price as i know im not expensive.

i think iv arn way to cheap of late.. only chargeing £120 A DAY ON DOMESTIC and cuttin out the lab. did a livin room and halway the other day for £420 and paid a lab £60 did it in a day but fink im gettin cheap the next job i did for like £220 a room!(no ceilings) but floor to keep clean no were to mix ect..

Priced up some work in a bungalow the other day work envolved -overboard 2 bed ceilings and skim-overboard kitchen ceiling and skim-overboard hallway ceiling and skim and skim a big lounge ceiling and skim bathroom ceiling gave the bloke a quote of £1,200 cash Text me last night said he was going with a quote of £660 Unbelieveble ???

i priced a job last week 9m x 4m x 2.8 kitchen reskim including artex ceiling and a room 7m x 5m x 2.8 the guy said he would supply so quoted 400 labour only, rang the guy a couple of days latter and he said some lads were gunna do it for 320 including materials, i siad are you sure there gunna supply and he said yes there gunna rob it off the site there on as they work for a company and are doing his job on the side on a night, how do you compete with that

i rob stuff off site but still charge the customer what a bunch of kiss asses ::)............good job i didnt look at the job i made it 520 labour only just for the kitchen ;D

its getting hard to compete thats a fact,im so glad i dont have to rely soly on plastering to make a living as i dont think in these times i could make what i need every week.

Some plasterers like to work for nothing, the only winner is the client, the building trade needs a man like bob crow.

Status
Not open for further replies.