Cheap labour still a prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
Well I just had an email from a so called reqruitment agency/trades supplier.
It said all tradesmen available EU and British but maimly polish direct from poland with cscs cards from 15 per hr

What chance do our own have with a govt who does not fully support apprenticships (but says it does) and an industry full of creamers looking for the cheapest option only probably so they can keep their own margins up constantly looking to bring men from thr eu

My nephew has been after an apprentcship placement for 12 months now the common knowledge among the college is that there is 30 odd on his group and maybe 5 openings per yr.

He was in the job centre a while back looking and seen an apprenticeship for a window cleaner. If this is what the govt means by creating apprenticeships they should be ashamed.

What of our young ones leaving school now [emoji26]

sent from my G3

Thing is when you take on an apprentice they should know a very few basic skills like knocking up, scrim up, beading, sweeping up, but 99% only goes to college to kill time. These days when people chase work and money there's very little patience to train someone with zero knowledge. Apprentice's wage can be tempting but it may cost more in the long run than what you getting out of it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thing is when you take on an apprentice they should know a very few basic skills like knocking up, scrim up, beading, sweeping up, but 99% only goes to college to kill time. These days when people chase work and money there's very little patience to train someone with zero knowledge. Apprentice's wage can be tempting but it may cost more in the long run than what you getting out of it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I make a massive profit off mine,I've had 4 in the past 6 years also
Unless they are incredibly thick there is no way it's not profitable

Status
Not open for further replies.