charachters you have met over the years1

Members online

hector

1. Harold brickies lab, ex scots guards , bath night was him and his 2 labradoors in same bath, went to pieces but a good lab, left 40,000 quid in 1979, a fortune then.
2. Bobby levin, plasterers lab, polish ,seen his family shot in 2nd world war, top bloke, hard worker
3. bobby alpen , smoked 80 benson and hedges a day every day, plasterers lab, to slow the plasterers down he would put handfulls of fag stubs /nails in the mix
4. alf bowen , got captured 1st day of the second world war, spent entire war a prisoner.
5. willie nugent, alias bangor his nickname, fight anyone but never won a single fight, jumped on a horse thought he was roy rogers, horse threw him 18 months off work broken ankle
6. mally plasterers lab , chat up line was he was a pilot, off to australia tommorrow he would tell them
these and many many other charachters kept everyone going/good times/good blokes you could trust, and the polish labs were such hard workers, remember no mixers in those days or big yellow buckets, just a plunger

Dead now but met a old boy called butch was still firing float and set on at 80 real character worked all over world and would knock socks off most absolute machine!

1. Harold brickies lab, ex scots guards , bath night was him and his 2 labradoors in same bath, went to pieces but a good lab, left 40,000 quid in 1979, a fortune then.
2. Bobby levin, plasterers lab, polish ,seen his family shot in 2nd world war, top bloke, hard worker
3. bobby alpen , smoked 80 benson and hedges a day every day, plasterers lab, to slow the plasterers down he would put handfulls of fag stubs /nails in the mix
4. alf bowen , got captured 1st day of the second world war, spent entire war a prisoner.
5. willie nugent, alias bangor his nickname, fight anyone but never won a single fight, jumped on a horse thought he was roy rogers, horse threw him 18 months off work broken ankle
6. mally plasterers lab , chat up line was he was a pilot, off to australia tommorrow he would tell them
these and many many other charachters kept everyone going/good times/good blokes you could trust, and the polish labs were such hard workers, remember no mixers in those days or big yellow buckets, just a plunger
Are you 140 years old.

Worked with a kid from darn sarth for a bit. Used to f**k off at dinner every day to wash pots at his fatha in laws pub for a free holiday . @Cockney1

Lou Cater, a solider signed on for 21 years. got 1 years leave for signing on for life. while on leave got a job as a plasterers labour. paid the £10 brought himself out of the army. learnt the trade. he was a one off and a constant talker. started his own business built up to employing over 100 workforce. purchased his own builders merchant business. became a multi millionaire , a huge home nr Colchester and a even larger one in Florida. Lou died at 62 he was always a very good friend who could keep you entertained with his tales of being a plastering contractor.

Frank Carlson a bricks lab. he wore swimming trunks all year round. he should have been done for indecency. he was the best hoddy this area has ever seen. he drove a new merc, the joke was that was the money he had save from buying clothes.

Tom Beaty a fine tradesman. a heavy drinker. when he arrived home his wife would get out of the car to open the gates so that he could drive in. when he was teaching his wife to drive she told Tom to get out and open the gates. she got out of the car and went to their home. Tom jumped in the driving seat and drove straight through the gates !

Lou Cater, a solider signed on for 21 years. got 1 years leave for signing on for life. while on leave got a job as a plasterers labour. paid the £10 brought himself out of the army. learnt the trade. he was a one off and a constant talker. started his own business built up to employing over 100 workforce. purchased his own builders merchant business. became a multi millionaire , a huge home nr Colchester and a even larger one in Florida. Lou died at 62 he was always a very good friend who could keep you entertained with his tales of being a plastering contractor.

Frank Carlson a bricks lab. he wore swimming trunks all year round. he should have been done for indecency. he was the best hoddy this area has ever seen. he drove a new merc, the joke was that was the money he had save from buying clothes.

Tom Beaty a fine tradesman. a heavy drinker. when he arrived home his wife would get out of the car to open the gates so that he could drive in. when he was teaching his wife to drive she told Tom to get out and open the gates. she got out of the car and went to their home. Tom jumped in the driving seat and drove straight through the gates !
That's a cracker!

Met a bloke called Dave hates everyone on forum said you all full of s**t and wants u all to get aids and die!
Told me to pass it on
All the best.

Nice thread H, much better when you take your medication.

Met a bloke called Dave hates everyone on forum said you all full of s**t and wants u all to get aids and die!
Told me to pass it on
All the best.
No offence, you can keep yer newly acquired AIDS infection to yourself.

Are you 140 years old.

Worked with a kid from darn sarth for a bit. Used to f**k off at dinner every day to wash pots at his fatha in laws pub for a free holiday . @Cockney1
I’m getting the next flight home mate, I’ve just started buying my own beer after being here for 3 weeks! :endesacuerdo:

I’m getting the next flight home mate, I’ve just started buying my own beer after being here for 3 weeks! :endesacuerdo:
My round on breakfasts Sunday ffs
Screenshot_20210723-080830_Messages.jpg

Chris Pyuk

Bloody nice guy to know.

Could turn his hands to most things so he thought.

s**t plasterer...massive cock!

Last edited:
Angus Smith
Was 17ft tall layed on with a 30inch trowel he done 200sqm before lunch! Ate sardines for breakfast lunch and dinner, he was a mute with one leg but didn't hold him back!
Worked with him on several projects

Gordon Carter always said that wall is P for perfect,
Gilbert the site bookie
Willie Beattie, fastest plasterer in carlisle, i might be the roughest plasterer round here, but i am the richest ,
Tony Patt plumber, coming home in the van one night and the driver said something, tony leaned over and punched the driver, yes thats right , the driver, van ended up off road on its side , 8 blokes got out that van never be so lucky again
Dennis Waggott builder, good bloke, huge bloke , he could go out and have 17 pints and 2 chinese takeaways, but died at 54
Sid Kerr known as the man in black, always worn black clothes, first class plasterer but the demon drink has ruined him
Steve Nicholson joiner, inland revenue were hounding him, paid all his men off and up to date ,redundency money etc, house was sorted so taxman could not get a claim on it, went home one day and shot himself
Jim Moffat just a normal working class bloke, good man who just happened to marry the daughter of the biggest climbing shop in keswick, who was left 1.5 000,000 quid in her dads will,
Eric Green joiner and funeral director a class act, hairdressers and funeral directors will never be out of work , sooner or later we all need our hair cut and sooner or later we are all going to the big building site in the sky

Gilbert the site bookie
Willie Beattie, fastest plasterer in carlisle, i might be the roughest plasterer round here, but i am the richest ,
Tony Patt plumber, coming home in the van one night and the driver said something, tony leaned over and punched the driver, yes thats right , the driver, van ended up off road on its side , 8 blokes got out that van never be so lucky again
Dennis Waggott builder, good bloke, huge bloke , he could go out and have 17 pints and 2 chinese takeaways, but died at 54
Sid Kerr known as the man in black, always worn black clothes, first class plasterer but the demon drink has ruined him
Steve Nicholson joiner, inland revenue were hounding him, paid all his men off and up to date ,redundency money etc, house was sorted so taxman could not get a claim on it, went home one day and shot himself
Jim Moffat just a normal working class bloke, good man who just happened to marry the daughter of the biggest climbing shop in keswick, who was left 1.5 000,000 quid in her dads will,
Eric Green joiner and funeral director a class act, hairdressers and funeral directors will never be out of work , sooner or later we all need our hair cut and sooner or later we are all going to the big building site in the sky
I had a labourer a few years ago that worked for me, sound fella but thick as mince really, who's mrs grand parents died, they inherited circa 2 mil about 10 years ago, He started buying up industrial units and must be worth double that now.

Gilbert the site bookie

Used to know a bloke on the plastering forums who was alright but was the most pessimistic bloke I'd ever met.

Then C19 happened and he fell for all the propaganda hook, line & sinker. After that, he was a hopeless case. No amount of reassurance could convince him that the big bad scary virus wasn't going to sneak up on him during the night.

Shame, really. (y)

Many years ago when I was a young happy aspiring plasterer in the 90s I once worked on Roy shaw house in Essex the bare knuckle fighter. He seemed like a decent bloke. we use to get there at about half 6 he be up, top off doing weights and he come in asking if he wanted a spar. Never got a cuppa though haha.

Frank a chippy on the large Frinton on sea homelands site. Frank said that we would not be seeing much of him this week as he had a plan to earn a record amount of money . He had the job of fitting front and back doors to about 50 bungalows. he said that he was going to set himself up in a garage and cut and prep all the doors and later in the week he was going to hang the lot . well he had been in the garage for days when all of a sudden we heard a load of shouting and swearing. he went to fit the first door when he discovered that the door frame where imperial size and the doors where metric.he had fecked up about 100 doors, he went home for a week in a temper!

Bond another chippy on the Frinton site, had been having an affair and his wife and son had found out and he had been chucked out of the family home.
Bondy was down and he had made up his mind to kill himself. he was going to drive his car straight into the sea on Clacton sea front.
we all went down to Clacton that evening to watch the event. Bondy turned up going like the clappers in his car along the sea front. what a disappointment the tide was out!

Bond another chippy on the Frinton site, had been having an affair and his wife and son had found out and he had been chucked out of the family home.
Bondy was down and he had made up his mind to kill himself. he was going to drive his car straight into the sea on Clacton sea front.
we all went down to Clacton that evening to watch the event. Bondy turned up going like the clappers in his car along the sea front. what a disappointment the tide was out!

Did he have a tape of Blondie on the car stereo while he was driving?

I had a labourer a few years ago that worked for me, sound fella but thick as mince really, who's mrs grand parents died, they inherited circa 2 mil about 10 years ago, He started buying up industrial units and must be worth double that now.
Circa is used to define a date not an amount so don't put your ex labourer down as a thick bloke you obnoxious c**t.