Cementone Render Stablising Primer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greig

Hi everyone,

has anyone used this cementone render Stablising primer before?

I've used the green plaster primer stuff before thought it was quite good but never tried this. Apparently it says it eliminates the need for a scratch coat but yet to hear any reviews.

It's on the bostik website

cheers

Greig

I think any product claiming you don't need a scratch coat?? Sounds risky to me ?? :RpS_confused:

I think this is plasprime x that has been renamed I've used it on face brick to get better bond prior to scratch. I does kill the suction so you probably could if you had a nice flat surface to go onto. Still prefer a good old scratch though

I think this is plasprime x that has been renamed I've used it on face brick to get better bond prior to scratch. I does kill the suction so you probably could if you had a nice flat surface to go onto. Still prefer a good old scratch though
Seems good stuff, but render is a generic term , in my head I hear sand and cement but it's also OCR, krend and so on, big difference in the first and the others

I'm meaning sand/cement as well. Might give it a shot on a small area. I thought that when it said no scratch coat as well. Got plenty to do at my own house so I'll try it and if I arse it up will post back.

cheers for the posts though guys

I'm meaning sand/cement as well. Might give it a shot on a small area. I thought that when it said no scratch coat as well. Got plenty to do at my own house so I'll try it and if I arse it up will post back.

cheers for the posts though guys
phone their tech guys first Greig . Don't waste time and money, its hard enough got

Thats the same as Plastprime x. Note how the walls was already flat. In that case it would maybe go on in one coat but a rough background? No that will be the usual 2 coats.

It is expensive for what it is but a substitute for sbr with the advantage you can put it on knowing it has coverage and go over the next day as opposed to the slow process of applying an sbr slurry and being fast enouth to catch the sbr whilst wet. Ideal for being on your own on a biggish wall so long as there is money in the job to pay for it.

I don't think any of these primers will hold 2 coats of traditional sand and cement. They're more for thin coat/mono/OCR. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Would you use the plasprime x over a 10 year old scratch - then just apply a dash receiving coat straight on top?
Talking about sand 7 cement here. Cheers :RpS_thumbup:

Would you use the plasprime x over a 10 year old scratch - then just apply a dash receiving coat straight on top?
Talking about sand 7 cement here. Cheers :RpS_thumbup:

I would say it will be fine mate. When ive used it in the past it was prior to applying the scratch. The scratch coat itself hung around like a top/receiver coat would do so should be ok. It seems to grip pretty well also. We usually chuck in a couple of handfuls of plastering sand for extra grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.