Cement fiber board

Hi guys Im new to the forum, hello
I'm looking for information on how to plaster a cement fibre board with sand and cement finish.
Dose it require the normal 2 coats
Do I use sbr if so how do I brush it on neat or mix it true something first
Also on the joints is there a scrim like tape you use? Guys any information would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance

I'm looking for information on how to plaster a cement fibre board with sand and cement finish.
Also on the joints is there a scrim like tape you use? Guys any information would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance
Go on dry, one coat, when it’s finished send some pics in bud, we all love a good laugh on here loool

Thanks in advance

What’s the board fixed back to?

Board for renders are usually fixed to substructures that will move (timber settles, metal expands and contracts)

S&C is a hard, heavy and brittle finish… if directly applied to a board, back to a structure that will move, it will crack and fail quickly - maybe even shell right off… (even if you apply it to a modern base and mesh there are no guarantees)

There is a reason modern flexible renders were developed for boards and insulation…

It gets done… it may be ok… but why take the risk…?

Keep S&C to block or concrete…

What’s the board fixed back to?

Board for renders are usually fixed to substructures that will move (timber settles, metal expands and contracts)

S&C is a hard, heavy and brittle finish… if directly applied to a board, back to a structure that will move, it will crack and fail quickly - maybe even shell right off… (even if you apply it to a modern base and mesh there are no guarantees)

There is a reason modern flexible renders were developed for boards and insulation…

It gets done… it may be ok… but why take the risk…?

Keep S&C to block or concrete…
So basically the builder took out a window that was facing into a garage and the window had no real purpose, so out it came and blocked up with a timber stud 150 mm kingspan cement borded in the garage area and plaster boarded on the inside for skimming. Normally where iv seen cement boards it's on Dormer windows and nearly always fixed to a timber background used instead off ply and eml.
So basically what your saying is you do not use s/c on a cement board.
So what is the name off the material you do use and what's the step by step to apply and finish.
Your feedback is very much appreciated
Regards Ian

So basically the builder took out a window that was facing into a garage and the window had no real purpose, so out it came and blocked up with a timber stud 150 mm kingspan cement borded in the garage area and plaster boarded on the inside for skimming. Normally where iv seen cement boards it's on Dormer windows and nearly always fixed to a timber background used instead off ply and eml.
So what is the name off the material you do use and what's the step by step to apply and finish.
Regards Ian
What is the rest of the wall built of - brick/block? And if so, why didn’t the builder just block it up and then render/float whatever. Or, if the garage is sound & dry, remove the cement board and replace with plasterboard and just plaster it - this of course is dependent on the existing construction.

Regards Ian
Ah another one of 'those' builders.