Ceiling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodplasterer

Right done a ceiling today and all round the edge was cove that went straight into the ceiling and had a beading just below and what looked like a doddle job turned out to be a nightmare any one experienced these sort of ceilings before and what did you find to be the easiest way to tackle them as we have 3 more in this house to do luckily the rest of the rooms are squared.

No but i will get one next week it basically is the ceiling and the cove in one but the turn is too hard for your trowel to get it on so we had to go right around the edge with a gauger and then sponge it in but the finish aint the best.

i think i know what your on about i saw it in a house last year luckly i didnt have to touch them :RpS_cool:

Is the profile of the cove really tight into the ceiling and wall and is it a 1920 30 build.

Yeh done a few over the years mate in fact I have one to do on Monday. If it is the same them you end up sKimming into the cove itself what does not look good. Sometimes the ceiling are plasterboard and I know it is a feck about a 3mm stop all round the the cove to ceiling angle if you can fasten it. What I am going to do is just put 50mm masking tape into the profile of cove skim peel it off and at least it will look nice and tidy.That way they will have a line to paint too.

Status
Not open for further replies.