ceiling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro finish

got a re-skim job booked in for Oct,the customer has just ask if i can do the ceiling now as well,
so popped round for a quick look, 3 are OK just Matt paint,but the big living/dining room ceiling has a textured finish, defo not artex its not that thick..looks like wood chip but after a quick scrape its solid maybe a tex paint?
was thinking of using WBA over it as its a fair size 35m and I'm on my Tod at the min.
what you think pva as standard or wba

i know board is better over wba but would multi give me much more working time,, not used wba as you can see :)

don't really need to overboard only if its was (french word)ed or papered onto board which will no way come off.
if it wasnt this textured (german word)e on it, i would just pva and skim away,
wba (wicks bonding agent) pop it in the search loads of info,
think im going to be using this to help on reskims from now on.

or i could just get steve to do all the dodgy ceilings :)

pro finish said:
don't really need to overboard only if its was (french word)ed or papered onto board which will no way come off.
if it wasnt this textured (german word)e on it, i would just pva and skim away,
wba (wicks bonding agent) pop it in the search loads of info,
think im going to be using this to help on reskims from now on.

or i could just get steve to do all the dodgy ceilings :)

why not board over the "if it wasnt this textured (german word)e on it, i would just pva and skim away" save you any problems and just as quick.

mate when you add the board and lab onto it, its a big arse price as well ,,that's why he is keen for the over skim.
it is a fair size one living/ dining room with a odd extension on the back

be careful mate sounds like polytex, i have had problems skimming over that crap, it likes to peel away when skimming, even after pva/wba- explain the problem to the customer-overboard all day long mate

pro finish said:
mate when you add the board and lab onto it, its a big arse price as well ,,that's why he is keen for the over skim.
it is a fair size one living/ dining room with a odd extension on the back

If you insist on boarding it you may end up pricing yourself out of it (and the other work)

Give him the options with the relative prices and let him decide.

Personally I'd polybond it and skim

ok just an update .got an email bk for the customer saying they would go for the overboard ;D
but more problems :mad: while stripping the wall paper in the big room there is paint under which is bubbling when in contact with water ffs :'(

Sorry have I missed something.
Why would you overboard just because it's textured ceiling.
Or did I miss something?

dpbeds said:
Sorry have I missed something.
Why would you overboard just because it's textured ceiling.
Or did I miss something?

there was a few reason i had concerns about this ceiling,one being the texture which was not cut and dry ,,was not 100% it was artex and it was a bit fragile in parts,
also its size it is a joined room, living room and dinning and also a small add on at the rear.
where the partition wall was originally between the living and dinning they have patched the ceiling join with some crap
waying up all this i decided it was best just to offer a re-board which was accept,
for all the messing around scraping filling patching and coating the ceiling in wba, i could board and skim in half the time..and know its going to be a proper job!

Danny said:
nelly said:
35m is a big arse ceiling in a house

is it? thats a normal sized living room round our way

Danny

An average living room (terraced semi etc) is 12 foot square or there abouts that 16 meters, 35 is way over double

yes and double the money££££££££££££££££££££££ ;D

pro finish said:
yes and double the money££££££££££££££££££££££ ;D

So it should be too, Ive done bigger but its still a beasty init.

just knock one up tip it on to board knock another one up and tip that on the board wash up get on stilts and two buckets will put 35 on,should take 10 mins,wait till ready and flatten in,and then lay down and you no the rest ;) EASY

Status
Not open for further replies.