ceiling trowels

Status
Not open for further replies.

iain_flanagan

anybody ever used those cieling trowels on a pole,if so are they any good,seen a bloke years ago using one,never seen anybody use one since then or is there a reason for that

cheers iain ;) a subby come on and he was pretty quick ............so all the slagging started he must one coat etc , but one of the lads said he was troweling up with his skimming trowel on a pole ................ it looked alright mind !!

seen a few lads using big pool trowels to lay in and wet trowel with and they were quick.

I think the trowels you are on about are spatulas on a pole, there for one coat plasters and a sponge float on a swivel pole, when you spray a ceiling with MP you trowel it up off the floor with them. For our plasters (board and multi)use trowel and brush proper way ;)

funny that id was lookin at them ..even i wouldt buy one! they must be for spray plaster or sumit...

ha ha they look well funny how would you load your hawk up???only good for polishing up!!..any one got one of those two handed trowels????

I think they are for a spray system someone was telling me about this stuff awhile back basiscly once it has been put on you run across with the trowel then scrape the plaster into a bucket they said once it comes of the wall its no good and has to be binned, appartrently they get paid by how much waste there is less waste more pay l think it's big on the continent

ha ha they look well funny how would you load your hawk up???only good for polishing up!!..any one got one of those two handed trowels????
i know an italian bloke who uses a big 2 foot trowel with a 'd' handle on the back,
loads the trowel up like a hawk and just two hands it on the wall, flattens off then trowels up with an 11" trowel

As our good mate @Jurek suggests the eze spat and pole (a stick not a polish person) attached are the dogs b*ll***s domestics id say 600mm all day long and bigger jobs the 1m is not too big to be clumsy plus its possible to finish with them (y)

:D how things change though marshy. whole week of ceilings. couldnt do it without the eze and the speedskim. iain was on to something but just didnt know how close it was :(

i wonder whats next to make life easier. i mean there were spats on a pole before that but the speedskim and eze just refined it like dave brailsford and marginal gains with team sky. he actually got it from the chimp paradox the c**t but took all the credit.

who knows what will be...

I remember when people were slagging of EWI and acrylic renders :) Sand and cement has always been ok etc etc :D

i mean if you looked at your typical days plastering and just tried to improve every aspect of it by 1% it could revolutionize your business.

"He explained it as the "1 percent margin for improvement in everything you do." His belief was that if you improved every area related to cycling by just 1 percent, then those small gains would add up to remarkable improvement."

im gonna sit down and do it. write every stage of a typical day down and see where i can make improvements :musculoso:

http://lifehacker.com/the-value-of-marginal-gains-1514453003

i mean if you looked at your typical days plastering and just tried to improve every aspect of it by 1% it could revolutionize your business.

"He explained it as the "1 percent margin for improvement in everything you do." His belief was that if you improved every area related to cycling by just 1 percent, then those small gains would add up to remarkable improvement."

im gonna sit down and do it. write every stage of a typical day down and see where i can make improvements :musculoso:

Longer teabreaks as an improvement?

Next big thing will be robots working the machines instead of us so we can cash in and stay home watching jeremy kyle and drink beer while they do the donkey work then one day they will rebel (the machines) and Terminator will be a real life situation !! Cant see any of the plastering machines going to a bar like Arnie did demanding clothes and a motorbike? The stupid gits would gatecrash suppliers demanding R&S's hopper extensions and an uzi 9mm spray gun :eek:

Next big thing will be robots working the machines instead of us so we can cash in and stay home watching jeremy kyle and drink beer while they do the donkey work then one day they will rebel (the machines) and Terminator will be a real life situation !! Cant see any of the plastering machines going to a bar like Arnie did demanding clothes and a motorbike? The stupid gits would gatecrash suppliers demanding R&S's hopper extensions and an uzi 9mm spray gun :eek:

such an imagination :D

To be fair to my original post, it was also said the mobile phone would never take off.
I do use the speed skim but you can't finish with them only flatten

My aim is too do less & less each day while putting the money up & up so in the end I'll be raking it in for doing feck all :descansando:
Erm I think o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.