Ceiling to walls.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 23452

What's the best way to straighten the joints? Stop beads? A little bonding and form a curve?

I asked @Nisus but he just sits in the corner rocking and sobbing.

IMG_20181121_123213.jpg

Always got to curve them imo!

Yeah that's what he's going to do with it. In fairness to him it's an exercise in patience doing that cottage. The roof goes up and down like the ferry from Stranraer as does the beam in both the horizontal and vertical planes. Just to add a bit of spice to the job, the beams are going to be exposed.

No wonder he wanted day rate for the job. (y)

Yeah that's what he's going to do with it. In fairness to him it's an exercise in patience doing that cottage. The roof goes up and down like the ferry from Stranraer as does the beam in both the horizontal and vertical planes. Just to add a bit of spice to the job, the beams are going to be exposed.

No wonder he wanted day rate for the job. (y)

Get boardwork in ball park, then he can make a ply template to uniform the curves mate.

Though im sure im not saying anything nissus doesnt know so dont want to sound like sucking eggs!

Get boardwork in ball park, then he can make a ply template to uniform the curves mate.

Though im sure im not saying anything nissus doesnt know so dont want to sound like sucking eggs!

Good shout, I'll mention that to him tomorrow if he doesn't see this post tonight. It'll sound like I know some plastering stuff. :sisi:

Once he'd got the boards shaped and screwed in he did that plasterer sucking his teeth thing and said "I think we're going to need a few more bags of bonding."

It's going to look the nuts when it's done. Everyone that's been in there has said how good the lime plaster looks. I reckon there'll be a fair bit of referral work for "Heritage Lee" as he's now known. (y)

Good shout, I'll mention that to him tomorrow if he doesn't see this post tonight. It'll sound like I know some plastering stuff. :sisi:

Once he'd got the boards shaped and screwed in he did that plasterer sucking his teeth thing and said "I think we're going to need a few more bags of bonding."

It's going to look the nuts when it's done. Everyone that's been in there has said how good the lime plaster looks. I reckon there'll be a fair bit of referral work for "Heritage Lee" as he's now known. (y)

With your knoeledge and proffesionalism i can only imagine that nisus work is quality pal!!!

With your knoeledge and proffesionalism i can only imagine that nisus work is quality pal!!!

There's a lot of p1ss taking, but he's good at his job and it shows.

It's no mean feat to get a finish that's exactly as spec'd, the customer is over the moon with, and complete strangers who have no vested interest in all compliment, when you're using a new product in an awkward space.

Although I still reckon his best personal achievement is staying sane being shut in a small cottage with me all day. :LOL: