Ceiling to do tomorrow.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jord218

Got an insurance job tomorrow, 12m2 ceiling. job spec say take down whole ceiling reboard and skim. loads of sh1ty old fibre insulation above. only 2m2 damaged. so much easier just to patch, bond and skim. the customer is out all day so I can get get away with the latter if I want. I've already made good money on the job so could do with a hassel free day! What would you do ??? ??? ???

Take the ceiling down and do the job right. No honestly ask the customer if they want the mess of a rip down more often than not they won have it[the mess] .

Either patch & skim or overboard, if it was me I'd overboard it ;)
If they do come back & ask i always tell em the insurance companies like you to overboard as it's added fire protection, soundproofing, insulation etc..... ;D ;D

board over it.

Insurance companies only spec to take down cos they dont know about overboarding.

In the same way plasterers dont know about loss ajustment risk.

Thanks lads, overbord great idea, no mess, and will dry quicker than the bond and skim, and if someone comes home early at least they'll see the boards up. ;) ;)

Jord my friend this is an open forum for everyone to see, do the job how you want but if your not going to do it to spec i wouldnt be advertising it on here.
Lucius

Like nelly says though insurance companies aren't plasterers.
The spec is always worst case scenario!
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.