Ceiling skim problem

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeheyes

:RpS_angry: Hi All, Ive skimmed plenty of ceilings in the past, but the last few ive done ive had problems.
Ceiling surface PVA'd twice , decent two coats of multifinished applied. First trowel up okay, when I get to the second, the second coat is peeling as I trowel it up(nightmare). Ive tried getting the second coat on before the first coat is dry but it doesn't appear to make much difference. Anyone help?????

Oh dear, another one. :rolleyes)

You need to get it on faster & dont waste time & energy trowelling your first coat, Jesus! :)

:RpS_angry: Hi All, Ive skimmed plenty of ceilings in the past, but the last few ive done ive had problems.
Ceiling surface PVA'd twice , decent two coats of multifinished applied. First trowel up okay, when I get to the second, the second coat is peeling as I trowel it up(nightmare). Ive tried getting the second coat on before the first coat is dry but it doesn't appear to make much difference. Anyone help?????

Have you ever thought about trying another trade?

Get an eze spat and pole. Makes doing ceilings a doddle!! Can't go wrong mate :RpS_thumbup:

tacky, just wickes PVA. Is it because the first coat has gone off before the second coat is put on? I don't plaster all the time. Im a tiler by trade. But struggling with 5 metres plus long ceilings.

Sounds like either your not getting on the second quick enough or ur not applying enough water, I think if u purchased a s*p*r*lex trowel this might help

tacky, just wickes PVA. Is it because the first coat has gone off before the second coat is put on? I don't plaster all the time. Im a tiler by trade. But struggling with 5 metres plus long ceilings.
Just tile the ceiling then.:RpS_unsure:

Defo try the eze spat with pole for ceilings that size the flezi blade makes it possible to finish with it its that good. Put your first coat on then flatten with the spat then second coat flatten again with the spat then cross trowel as it were till done. I spray a touch of water on last couple of goes to stop drag marks etc. You have to trowel your angles tho but the spat saves you loads of time and think you may be pleasantly suprised? I wouldn't be without mine now :RpS_thumbup:

you cant let the 1st coat dry mate... if jobs too big for you to do yourself, get someone in to give a hand .. and the spats are a great idea, as G** marshy said..

A tiler plastering!!!! WTF!! :RpS_cursing:

Day off today Pluto?

Yes Olican I said in another post I got up late with hangover, so having day off, still in bed having a read at these threads, laughing my head off at some of the jokers on here :RpS_lol:
You not at work pal?

Yes Olican I said in another post I got up late with hangover, so having day off, still in bed having a read at these threads, laughing my head off at some of the jokers on here :RpS_lol:
You not at work pal?

got a newborn in the house so giving it one more day before I go back to it

Take at least a week off mate?? Wetting the babies head as it were on a daily basis?? :RpS_thumbup: Its almost 9am so aperitif time ?? :RpS_laugh:

hi oli

how you all are keeping - how's the sleepless nights:RpS_scared: as marshy says take the week off - maybe 2 :RpS_thumbsup:

best wishes
phil

hi oli

how you all are keeping - how's the sleepless nights:RpS_scared: as marshy says take the week off - maybe 2 :RpS_thumbsup:

best wishes
phil

All good here thanks Phil, last wasn't too bad. My 3&1/2 year old is mesmerized by it all which is such a treat.
If I had my way I'd take the rest of the month off. But duty calls. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.