Ceiling Rose

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fordon

Go a ceiling to skim tomorrow with a ceiling rose(Which is an original 1800's feature) and customer doesn't want it removed.The problem is it is not a standard ceiling rose ie it has petals all round the edges which makes it a pain to skim round.Was going to use a pipe tool and get it as neat as possible and then brush in tight.

Any other ideas on what to do?.

Thanks.

not really mate just one of those jobs that are a bit fiddly , just try to slow the ceiling suction down so it gives you more time to fiddle and use pointing trowels and small tools not brushes if you can best of luck.

also pva around the rose to slow the suction on that and also get your self a sponge to keep the rose clean.

think screwfix do a leaf and square...
which reminds me mines knackered and i need a new one ;D

All you can do is the plastic card trick ( I have never heard of this before but like the idea ) and small tools.
Just try to keep the rose as clean as you can this will help the look of the finished ceiling.

if the existings good around the rose edge could you grind the plaster into the existing like you would a around rad ?

As above small tools, then wrap a bit of plastic bag over your finger and rub the skim nice and smooth in between petals. Works a treat!

oh Mr monk is that cuz i dont like ur bundaroo stilts.. and im a pimp not a gimp i walk with a limp and eat shrimp.. so f*u*c*k off u stink.

Small tool but as Flinny said pva the edge of the rose as it may suck the life out of the finish and make it unworkable.
Lucius.

Finished the ceiling yesterday,took 40 mins to get it neat and tidy round the rose,used a small tool & plastic bag on the end of finger method as someone mentioned,worked a treat.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.