Catching dash

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart23

Private Member
Just scouring the internet looking for trays for catching dash, anyone know best one to get?

we use the small baskets what bread gets delivered on with a plastic sheet in the bottom

Cant you make some. Sheet of 12mm ply and some 2x1 lath. Make them to the size you want and cheap to replace

Years ago we always used the wood and hardboard bread trays so, when the bakers stopped using them I just made some with 2x1 planed timber and 4mm ply base.

got lucky at dominos pizza one day and the guy gave me ten dough trays ther fukin ace for catchin chips cast bottom lift straight out tray. hard plastic perfect

My old boss used to use a big plastic bin lid cut in half. Handle still on it underneath to hold on to. Always worked for me.

Ply and 2x1 as said , can't get any better. An while your dashing you can keep it in place and slide it along with your foot not found owt better in 30 years

You can get 6 trays out of a 8x4 sheet of ply and you can get one tray to fit in another. I use 3" chamfered architrave for the sides. Use some 90 degree metal brackets for the corners.

I got a local joiners shop to cut up the supplied wood and then knock me up the 6 boxes for £25.00.

I use a tin tray about 3' x 5' with a 6" upturn, holds a shitload of dash and the upturn ensures that the tail of the receiving coat stays clean ready for laying in the next lift :RpS_thumbup:

Anyhoo it's a Sat'day night so I'm going back to that fight thread ............

Grow bag trays, plastic about £6 from Wilkinson. Been lurking for a while, but time to say hey and I'm enjoying the banter and advice.

About 3 foot, I've bought 4x2 trays from a hydroponics shop in the North West now, think they were £10each.

i just use dust sheets, pull them back when applying, and lay them back to wall when hitting...

Grow bag trays, plastic about £6 from Wilkinson. Been lurking for a while, but time to say hey and I'm enjoying the banter and advice.
+1 for these trays,they can be bought in B&Q (I don't work for them :p ) for £8 each. I find these good cause the chips can be poured into your bucket easily from them .

I just cut big strips off a roll of dpm and use the empty dash bags where scaffold legs are close to the wall to wrap around. catches nearly everything even from top gable.

I'm with Smudger1 on this one. Nice thick and clean plastic sheeting. When your done just pull it away from the wall and fold it in half tipping the dropped stones straight into the empty buckets ready for the next bit .

I got some trays from the garden centre a few years back work great approx 4ft long by about 1and half ft in width and roughly 2inch deep great for moving around the scaffolding to

Status
Not open for further replies.