Carving Mono

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Been mucking about carving some mono ( Now that av got the ritmo running like a sewing machine)
Just wondered if anybody has experience on getting lettering neater and sharper

Cheers

Arti
PTDC0011_zpslro01m1h.jpg

Never done mono but i think that looks the nuts

How do you do it? As in what do carve it with and do you have to have a template made up or use individual letter

That looks bang on arti.

I've done a bit with an old rendering firm I worked with, you can use different colours too by putting you first lot on, then cutting when wet and applying you second colour to the cut out letters or numbers, it doesn't matter about getting the second colour on top of the first as your scratching back anyway.

That looks bang on arti.

I've done a bit with an old rendering firm I worked with, you can use different colours too by putting you first lot on, then cutting when wet and applying you second colour to the cut out letters or numbers, it doesn't matter about getting the second colour on top of the first as your scratching back anyway.
Otherwise known as Scraffito Mac (y)

Been mucking about carving some mono ( Now that av got the ritmo running like a sewing machine)
Just wondered if anybody has experience on getting lettering neater and sharper

Cheers

Arti
PTDC0011_zpslro01m1h.jpg
Looks bang on mate :birra:

Never done mono but i think that looks the nuts

How do you do it? As in what do carve it with and do you have to have a template made up or use individual letter
got some of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000J6DNH2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Used a knife to cut the outline and then a carving tool av got for doing brick effect render to cut the mono out, was a bit of a f**k on trying to get the letters neat. seen a lad on twitter who posted a job he had done and he had to get the letter templates made specially.
https://twitter.com/marcloxley100/status/623609568178905089/photo/1

when i priced up the bigger letters it was mega money for a full set

nice 1 arti ---- it takes it to another level depends on how artistic you are

we,re doing a couple of projects at work ---3d rendering (pargeting) once completed i will upload the photos

I've had to put all likes cos the Cr...app doesn't have a thanks button. Cheers to @owls for keeping up forum tradition. ;-)

Anyone can do it with stencils:D, come back when you do it freehand, don't think Michael Angelo had a stencil :cool:

Last edited:
we,re doing a couple of projects at work ---3d rendering (pargeting) once completed i will upload the photos[/QUOTE]

something like this? google, the ancient house ipswich

Nice job... ive done a canny bit of pargeting where you build the letters up not cut back and the yanks do a lot of eps carving in the walls with hot knife cutters... as for templates you could print the letters off yourself on A4 paper... I dont think mono is very good for carving though as to gritty IMO but youve made a cracking job

Status
Not open for further replies.