Carobyn twitch test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairybear

For info, @carobyn sent me a twitch to review a week ago... Here's my initial thoughts after using it for a week.

Firstly, very well packaged and looks like it could withstand a nuclear blast......quality is good.

I was concerned about how rigid it was, it's a firm 90 degrees so was unsure how it'd cope with real world corners.

The handle is positioned differently to a MT twitch, which provides a more angled grip, felt very comfortable to use and I didn't once get that 'oh ****' feeling I get with my MT just before it sticks to the corner and rips a chunck of multi off.

Leaves a very subtle radius in the corner, which is nice but not to everyone's taste....matter of opinion.. I like it.

The only problem is the rigidity. If you're on walls that are over/under 90 degs by a degree (Most) it's not as usable as the MT, and you have to spend a while fussing about.....

in summary, worth the money and It's worth keeping in the bag to give your customers the choice of sharp or radius corners....

Also used my new refina neg 140 paddle for first time too.....how the **** have I managed without it, it's the dogs boll ox!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice informative review hairybear. I don't work wet internals so I've never used one. Given the choice which do you personally prefer MT or the trial twitch. Is there a brand name on it

There is a brand on it...German word...Hermann or something. I'll find out tomorrow.. I only started doing wet corners a few months ago, had the MT twitch for years but it never come out the bag. Worked with a guy who showed me the light.. Very useful, no need to mess about doing two sets in a small room anymore!

Nice informative review hairybear. I don't work wet internals so I've never used one. Given the choice which do you personally prefer MT or the trial twitch. Is there a brand name on it

oh, to answer the question, I'm on the fence.......think they'll both have their uses.

The brand is 'Jung Henkelmann' and made in Wuppertal, Germany. Manufacturer of hand tools since 1862.

This twitch is a rigid 90 degree - they also offer a 'flappy' internal corner torwel which some refer to as a dry lining internal - the 'wings' are flexible so you push to meet the angle of the wall.

Some time ago we also supplied a premium Tyzack 90 degreee internal - it was milled from solid billet, weighed about a kilo and cost nearly £23.00....! Would outlast most apprentices through to retirement.

The brand is 'Jung Henkelmann' and made in Wuppertal, Germany. Manufacturer of hand tools since 1862.

This twitch is a rigid 90 degree - they also offer a 'flappy' internal corner torwel which some refer to as a dry lining internal - the 'wings' are flexible so you push to meet the angle of the wall.

Some time ago we also supplied a premium Tyzack 90 degreee internal - it was milled from solid billet, weighed about a kilo and cost nearly £23.00....! Would outlast most apprentices through to retirement.

I use the refina, but I still got my Tyzack in the garage, and yeh, solid is an understatement mate... absolutely solid... prefer the refina though, your angle trowel sounds pretty good...

On about Tyzack.. still got my original gauger aswell, use it everyday... now there made in China, so wouldnt touch them... but they were great when made here...

Off topic a bit (well not really) but I dont know how people manage without doing wet angles. What if you've got two small walls to skim

Nice review @Hairybear. Very thorough :RpS_thumbup:....

...I'm with beddy on this one, how does anyone not do wet angles? :RpS_confused: Surely if you had a small room you wouldn't do it in 3 sets.....:RpS_unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Off topic a bit (well not really) but I dont know how people manage without doing wet angles. What if you've got two small walls to skim

I was was taught twitches are for guys who can't cut in....., so was never allowed to use one 'when I was a lad' . Can't believe it took me so long to give one ago........I try not to do dry angles now!

Nice review @Hairybear. Very thorough :RpS_thumbup:....

...I'm with beddy on this one, how does anyone not do wet angles? :RpS_confused: Surely if you had a small room you wouldn't do it in 3 sets.....:RpS_unsure:

wey aye man.....................string the job out on day rate..........................:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.