carlite finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good gear, trowelled up nice n shines with a carbon trowel. Nice memories , could tell u some stories from the old days lol. Jeez I sound like bubbles :RpS_laugh:

Great for over browning, bonding etc..wish it was still about cheap.. Ps used dri coat yesterday ,great stuff but 12.81 plus..

they got rid of that crap carlite finish when they brought in the fantastic multi finish :RpS_biggrin:

Dri coat is a floating coat ,suitable for after chemical injection etc, I use it internally for patching or piers instead of sand and cement, no skim able for 24 hrs.

I've never used it John, is it any good like? sounds expensive compared to s/c say to do a full damp course for example?? is the advantage that being a lightweight plaster that you can build out to thickness's much quicker? am just curious is all :RpS_confused:

I've never used it John, is it any good like? sounds expensive compared to s/c say to do a full damp course for example?? is the advantage that being a lightweight plaster that you can build out to thickness's much quicker? am just curious is all :RpS_confused:
I like it, it's very light and adheres well, 25kg is near 15 including tax, good for small areas and easier to fix beads with it , great for chases etc,

Anybody remember skimming with Siropite. Then there was also Veneer skimming . We used to put all the top of the house on with Siropite and leave over night ,troweled up great next day'

I like it, it's very light and adheres well, 25kg is near 15 including tax, good for small areas and easier to fix beads with it , great for chases etc,

Fck using dri coat for fixing beads and filling chases it's costs a bomb!!

For me it only for DPC that needs skimming next day or so.

You Londoners hey!

Fck using dri coat for fixing beads and filling chases it's costs a bomb!!

For me it only for DPC that needs skimming next day or so.

You Londoners hey!
Suitable for lots of bits and pieces where sand cement would be more problematic. I only use it occasionally,

Anybody remember skimming with Siropite. Then there was also Veneer skimming . We used to put all the top of the house on with Siropite and leave over night ,troweled up great next day'

if you used sirapite like that you where killing it, either with creame of tarter of putting it through a cement mixer and over mixing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.