Carlite Bonding

Members online

No members online now.
Managed to find a bag of bonding at my local diy. com.
It seems more like Hardwall.
I know there is a shortage but what’s happening?
@The Apprentice
@BritishGypsum
????????
I was down south doing some plastering for my daughter, and the bonding had small round black aggregate in it. I noticed it when putting a coat of bonding on her living room ceiling, I did a similar job the week before up in Scotland and I certainly didn't notice it then.

On the other hand if it’s Carlite Bonding I’d guess it’s old stock, very old
I know it changed about 20 years ago from the original recipe to be a lot smoother to apply,but this seemed as though there was no vermiculite in it.
The outside of the bag looked fresh.
I will check the date tomorrow .

I know it changed about 20 years ago from the original recipe to be a lot smoother to apply,but this seemed as though there was no vermiculite in it.
That's how I would describe it, it felt gritty.

My local travis been told April till they get some.. Used the make good stuff reluctantly told and loved it! Was smoother than bg and was rock hard in 2 hours so skimmed it...

My local travis been told April till they get some.. Used the make good stuff reluctantly told and loved it! Was smoother than bg and was rock hard in 2 hours so skimmed it...

Yeah, I've never tried MG bonding, but I've seen quite a few people saying it's actually OK.

Did you get any blebs when you skimmed over it?

I was down south doing some plastering for my daughter, and the bonding had small round black aggregate in it. I noticed it when putting a coat of bonding on her living room ceiling, I did a similar job the week before up in Scotland and I certainly didn't notice it then.
Bonding has always had bits of black aggregate in it down here. You can see quite a bit of it when you wash a bucket out.

I have a loaf of bread like that.