Careful with your saw.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date
The building company is always responsible for the dope, and should make sure he is working safely. If the dope does not have enough smarts for the job then the builder should take them off it or have it done only under supervision of someone who does have enough smarts.
I use my boy on sites sometimes and he is genuinely of help, but I have to be careful about how and what I ask him to do. I would not let him near a chop saw.
E.g. he can read fine, but some guys on site can not read or don't have a good grasp of english, so "do it as the instructions are on the packet" is not going to cut it. ( this is nothing to do with immigration or foreign labour, but the same can apply)

Building sites are not crèches. I had it myself last year with a "dope of an employee" Climbed up the side of a scaffold slipped 10ft up landed on the ground and dislocated his shoulder. Apparently it was my fault because I was his employer and I probably should have showed him what a ladder acces is even though he used it 2 minutes previous to him falling. The sooner employees are responsible for their own stupidness the better. Some of the stuff I see employee's do is downright mind boggling. A lot of them need to wake the f**k up on sites. As I said it's not a crèche and I certainly don't offer a babysitting service.

Building sites are not crèches. I had it myself last year with a "dope of an employee" Climbed up the side of a scaffold slipped 10ft up landed on the ground and dislocated his shoulder. Apparently it was my fault because I was his employer and I probably should have showed him what a ladder acces is even though he used it 2 minutes previous to him falling. The sooner employees are responsible for their own stupidness the better. Some of the stuff I see employee's do is downright mind boggling. A lot of them need to wake the f**k up on sites. As I said it's not a crèche and I certainly don't offer a babysitting service.
You should’ve put barbed wire all around the scaffold except for the access area and employed full time safety marshals with hi vis tabbards and accident near miss forms on their clipboards tut tut
:cachetada:

I'm actually thinking of wrapping my employees in cottonwool and for extra protection strap bean bags to them also front and rear.
Wake up people. It's all a "claims game". It doesn't matter how well you police your safety on site a "dope"will always find a way....
And don't get me started on sswp's,safety statements,safe passes all a load of bullshit costing money and time. The way I see it is if someone falls or cuts themselves through their own stupidity I think the employer should be able to sue them for being "stupid". If I as an employer pushes them off a scaffolding or cuts them with a knife then by all means sue me otherwise take responsibility for your own ridiculous actions. WANKERS!!!

Warn once, rant 2nd or sack - the rest suddenly wake up, grumble and tell all the new ones on site to watch it and how so and so got shown the door on his first day. If they really are dumb sometimes you have to sack for their own safety.
Saw a Rig "boss of rig bosses" sending people ashore on the helicopter within 30 mins of getting on the rig. He had a nose for it, the rig bosses were literally in terror of him, we had the tightest and safest rigs in the North Sea, but he took on a young black kid with learning difficulities in his office. In time the kid learnt and came good.